Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how much it would cost to convert a Richard Lee built twin turbo setup to EFI and do it right? It's currently running 2 850's.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Any ideas on how much it would cost to convert a Richard Lee built twin turbo setup to EFI and do it right? It's currently running 2 850's.
IMHO, i would leave the TT's on it! :)...i personally dont think you can make an EFI system run better or faster, but, then what do i know! lol...just sayin' my .02 cents

FastRat

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no I meant leave the TT's on it but convert the carb set up to an EFI setup for reliability purposes

·
Registered Parker Allstar
635 Posts
I've heard somewhere around 10k. Computer, manifold, injectors, Etc...Give Carson Brummett a call in pasadena. (626) 792-6410
I have a carbed deal also, and im curious on how much as well.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
buy a FAST xfi system complete with throttlr body. look on e-bay

·
New here
4,219 Posts
buy a FAST xfi system complete with throttlr body. look on e-bay
I've been looking at the Holley Dominator for my current Impala project. I wanna run dual-quad throttle bodies on an AirGap dual quad intake AND run a 4L80e trans. The Dominator will do it ALL. I have been pouring over the specs and there is pretty much nothing that ECM WON'T do.

I especially like the small details. It had TWO oxygen sensor channels so you can run one in each bank. Most don't do that. I'm running into intake issues, but I am determined to make it work. It would be SO COOL to have ONE ECM run the ignition, fuel AND trans!!

So, don't rule out the new Holley ECMs. They probably the most current.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
If you just dropped it off and had someone else do the WHOLE thing for you you might get 10k into it. Then once you had it you would be totally in the dark as to it's operation and tuning.

If you did some research and bought all the individual components yourself and could assemble it yourself then you might get $ 3500. into it and you would learn something too.

If you pick a popular ECU like a FAST or BS3 then it's easy to email programs and datalogs back and forth to get some help from others.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
If you pick a popular ECU like a FAST or BS3 then it's easy to email programs and datalogs back and forth to get some help from others.
Just a little something I kept trying to impress on User(formly on the boards). He loved to tell everybody of his programming prowess:)sphss. Specifically on Whipplecharged motors. Yeah, like they needed his help. Whipple was the first, if not the only company to hack Merc's protocol, and reprogram factory Merc CPUs

The EFI management companies couldn't give the stuff away if they didn't give 100% full tech support. Fast now has tech schools now, ranging from 1 day to 1 week.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts