Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a little out of the norm for this site. But I am helping my father in law put an 89 mass air roller 5.0 in a 1972 bronco. Is there anyone here that has experience with these engines? I am wondering if it will need the smog pump or ant of the sensors that go with it. We want to use the bare minimum as far as sensors and computerized gadgets.

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Since you are in Cali if you change the motor it is required to have the emission equipment for what ever is newer. If the truck was newer then the motor it would require what was required for that year truck. Since the motor is newer it will require what is called for on that year motor. You can make some mods but must be approved by the referee.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since the truck is a 1972 it will never see a smog test and a smog station will never see the truck. I would agree with you if the truck still needed smog testing, but up here where father n law lives they don't even test the newer cars unless you are selling it. I am mainly concerned about the computer not working rite due to some of the inputs not being connected.
thanks Chris

·
WERD!
792 Posts
This is a little out of the norm for this site. But I am helping my father in law put an 89 mass air roller 5.0 in a 1972 bronco. Is there anyone here that has experience with these engines? I am wondering if it will need the smog pump or ant of the sensors that go with it. We want to use the bare minimum as far as sensors and computerized gadgets.

Thanks Chris
You do not need the smog pump. You can even get rid of the O2's and egr system if you do a custom tune.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do not need the smog pump. You can even get rid of the O2's and egr system if you do a custom tune.
Thanks that what I was wondering. It will make it a lot easier to get rid of some of this stuff. Does anybody make a book for this kind of swap. That would sure make life a whole lot easier.......lol

Chris

·
WERD!
792 Posts
Thanks that what I was wondering. It will make it a lot easier to get rid of some of this stuff. Does anybody make a book for this kind of swap. That would sure make life a whole lot easier.......lol

Chris

what do you need to know? Ive done many of these swaps :)devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts