Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the specs for a 95, 5.7 liter merccruiser? Plug type, timing setting, etc.

Any idea if there is a PDF version of the manual somewhere that I could download?

Thanks in advance.

Dave M.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Fuel injected or carb? If you have the engine serial number it would help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel injected or carb? If you have the engine serial number it would help.
Carbed. I don't have the SN as I just recently picked up the boat, 95 Hallett 210.
I'll get the motor info and get back here tomorrow. I know the outdrive (Bravo one) was serviced and water impeller replaced recently but do not have any records of motor work/PM other than oil changes. Has 224 hrs on the motor.

It ran fine in Laghlin a couple of weeks ago but just want to take a closer look as we are planning a few trips in Sept.

Synthetic 20/40 good to run with?

Dave M.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Plug: NGK BR6FS .040 gap
Timing: At idle, 8 deg for Thunderbolt IV, and 10 deg for Thunderbolt V

Thunderbolt IV has ignition module mounted on exhaust elbow.
Thunderbolt V has ignition module mounted on distributor.

Thunderbolt V has to be put in base timing mode before you can set the timing. There is a purple/white wire with a female connector. Put a jumper wire from this connector to a ground. Set the timing to 10 deg at idle. Shut off the engie and remove the jumper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plug: NGK BR6FS .040 gap
Timing: At idle, 8 deg for Thunderbolt IV, and 10 deg for Thunderbolt V

Thunderbolt IV has ignition module mounted on exhaust elbow.
Thunderbolt V has ignition module mounted on distributor.

Thunderbolt V has to be put in base timing mode before you can set the timing. There is a purple/white wire with a female connector. Put a jumper wire from this connector to a ground. Set the timing to 10 deg at idle. Shut off the engie and remove the jumper.
Thanks a bunch, I'll start looking for a manual.

Synthetic 20/40 oil ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts