Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a 23' Scarrab with a 502 motor with a Bravo 1. Which prop should he be running to get the best performance?

·
Registered
378 Posts
is the motor stock? what is it running now. I would try a bravo 28 and 30 pitch four blade.
That might be too much pitch for a stock motor. I run a labbed 28 Bravo I on 520 HP but I have a 1:65 gear in my 22 ft boat. He probably has a 1:50 gear so would need a lot less pitch

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
24 for low speed handleing, quicker plane, quicker response, and better turns with the con of lower high speed

26 for better high speed with the cons of slower plane but still good, slower response and wider turns (since your prop will probably blow out)

28 for top speed with cons of shitty hole shot, turns will suck too.

P.S these will differ with different hulls.

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
24p bravo

A buddy of mine has a 23' Scarrab with a 502 motor with a Bravo 1. Which prop should he be running to get the best performance?
my 23ft eagle runs a 502 w/ bravo 1 and a 24p bravo 4 blade, great all around prop .....72 mph top speed and great to ski with:)

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
That might be too much pitch for a stock motor. I run a labbed 28 Bravo I on 520 HP but I have a 1:65 gear in my 22 ft boat. He probably has a 1:50 gear so would need a lot less pitch
you hit it on the nose,i'm thinking way to much pitch too!!!

·
6,873 Posts
24 for low speed handleing, quicker plane, quicker response, and better turns with the con of lower high speed

26 for better high speed with the cons of slower plane but still good, slower response and wider turns (since your prop will probably blow out)

Yep, Maybe try a 26 cut down to a 25

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
I'm spinning a 26 on my 236 Eagle with a 502 and would like to try a 24. The prop blows out if I want to corner hard. Other than that, the 26 is perfect with a higher speed than 23 Eagles.......with the sacrifice of response.

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
I would say A 23 3 blade [ss] should do it for over all, Or a 24 4 blade bravo1 [ss] would be at max that you would want to run it with.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts