Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Would this be a 550 hp 513 or a 750 hp 513 and does it make that power at 5,200 or 6,500 ? Or is this a 514" Ford crate motor ? :)bulb It's the little details that matter. :)

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Do not no.The motor was bought from chris the plumber.He did tell me today it was a full roller motor.It came out of a drag boat with very little use. Sorry do'nt no much about it.It is on the way from AZ. now.
Check with him to see if it has a 3/4 race cam ;)

Seriously you need to have a bit more info for anyone to give you a good guess. We( brother and I) built a 710 hp @ 6,000 rpm 512" 17 years ago 10:1 comp pump gas. It ran 84-86 no nos and 92 ish with a 200 hp nos system but it turned an A impeller at 6,000 with the nos approx 5,200 off the Nos at 85 in the gullwing.

Find out rpm range and power estimate and I'm sure there are a few who will give you a good guess.

Sleeper CP

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think the 513 does not use the 3/4 cam , it uses the full 1'' type to make up the difference on the flux capacitor . :(:(:(:(:(:( :D

·
CLASSIC HOTBOATER
739 Posts
cris the 513 also used the 1/2 style cam if its a true bay city roller
it uses a 700 thousands longer lifter to make up the difference in play
NOW
if its a 514 you need to check with WARP SPEED this is old school nascar junk
he worked on these when he was 12 ,they had one in the pulp wood truck down at the saw mill, they used it to run the saw:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
cris the 513 also used the 1/2 style cam if its a true bay city roller
it uses a 700 thousands longer lifter to make up the difference in play
NOW
he worked on these when he was 12 ,they had one in the pulp wood truck down at the saw mill, they used it to run the saw:)hand
hil:)

·
Classic Hotboater!
932 Posts
Do not no.The motor was bought from chris the plumber.He did tell me today it was a full roller motor.It came out of a drag boat with very little use. Sorry do'nt no much about it.It is on the way from AZ. now.
Let's see, you bought a ford and don't know what is in it:)sphss Please check your eye hook size on the front of your boat so I will know what size Ford Tow Rope I will need to carry:D

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
What can be expected out of a 513 in a 800 pound jet boat. B impeller in a fresh pump.
Your quesion is very generalized and somewhat loaded, regardless of engine brand.

You have not provided any details whatsover about the build, so how can anyone estimate performance capabilities? Also, even if the power output was known, the engine might push one 800-lb hull with a B impeller to 77 mph, and another 800-lb hull with a B impeller to 97 mph...depending on overall setup, etc.

The potential of the engine that you (blindly) bought can better be determined by way of a tear-down, or at least by telling us what block it has, what heads it has, what induction, ignition, etc. I have personally known 500-cube Fords running on carbs and gas (no power adders) that put out just 450 hp, and also have known 500-cube Fords to generate in excess of 1000 hp on just carbs and gas. It's not hard to tell which engine is which when looking them over, but you have provided zero detail, and we need build details to so much as even consider speculating.

LO

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
What is a FORD motor? In a drag doat? Is this some kind of joke? I thought that they were all in F150 tow trucks.
Where's Red Pearl when I need him ?

Now what's the record of the Crap Shoot boat ?

Sleeper CP

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Yes, I do believe he is still the record holder in the class. :p

LO
Not only that, but I've been to 5 drag boat races and I think it's won all 5 times, I know it won at least 4 of those.

S CP :D

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Another One:

Just a little ol' 815 cube deal. :)hand

Hell, even I'm sitting on an older USDBA World Record setting Ford.

They're out there...

LO

(Edit: Ooops I see you posed the Kaase engine already, CP.)

·
Classic Hotboater
590 Posts
OK this is information overload, let's back up some. 8000 lb hull with a 513 Ford sporting a 1/2" full bay city roller cam and a fresh E-pump. Hummmmm you will only need the standard alloy flux capacitor with that set up, but if it has a mid series 3/4" race cam you should go with the bronze capacitor, remember to have your guy do the capacitor at zero lash. this should be the best mid range set up. Now if it's really the "big dog" with a full 1" offset 513 & 1/2 pro setup up you will need to dig deep and come up with the funds to get a fully hardened stainless capacitor. Check with Jay to be sure about all of this shit. Be sure to keep the cap locks on when talk to him OK. Guzz the bow eye is a perko 3/4" stainless.
:)devil
Yall are Killing Me!

·
Classic Hotboater!
932 Posts
Thanks For All The Good Info Now Let Me Give You Smartasses Some.forget My Question About The 513.i Dont No Why I Even Ask.when All You Have On This Site Is A Bunch Smartasses!!
Will have to get back to ya on that, gotta go turn my "barins" round:)sphss
I think Jay is a BOWTIE man all the way, he may look on the wrong end of the intake for the fully hardened stainless capacitor. Besides, he has only won 3 back to back championships and they have all been with chevrolet.
I WOULD CHECK WITH TIM WIDEOPEN, I HEAR HE BUYS STUFF REAL CHEAP AND HAS IT RUNNING IN NO TIME

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
NOW
hil:)hil:)hil:)

Good "Med's" day eh Tim?

And get it right.......I was 10 :)hand

:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts