Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new tv for a theatre room I'm building and am looking for feedback on these. The tv will be used for gaming and viewing while the lights are on. I've already purchased a JVC RS20 for movies. The Samsung has incredible brightness and clarity, but doesn't seem to look as natural as the plasma. Any thoughts?

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
I would do the LCD due to the Gaming....I have one of each & the Plasma is a bit better on the picture, but not enough for me to justify the price...

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
We have a 55 Samsung LED hanging on the wall its about 3 months old and I love it. I had a 55 Mitsubishi plasma before and I like everything about the new Samsung wouldnt go back to plasma.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
lcd vs plasma

lcd will last you much longer period. plasmas life is rated on hours of use and the older it gets the crappier the picture gets. there are prob plenty of people here to contest that but IMO LCD is the only way to go for longevity price and pic quality

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Pioneer, not even close and by the way the games will be awesome.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
On the new plasma's there is no burning of the screen and the longevity is alot longer than you want to own it:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pioneer has a better picture. The new Samsung LED's are onlt 2" thick. So I would decide which is more important, 2" Flat against wall or 5" + sticking out.
FYI I own a AV company in So Cal for the last 10 years.
Good luck

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
I have the samsung....freeking luv it

I chose it because the room its in lets in alot of outside light, it has no problems with glare

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Pioneer Elite, game over.....

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I have a Pioneer plasma and a Sharp Aquos LCD.....Pioneer hands down has the better picture...IMO

·
........xxx
48 Posts
I'm looking for a new tv for a theatre room I'm building and am looking for feedback on these. The tv will be used for gaming and viewing while the lights are on. I've already purchased a JVC RS20 for movies. The Samsung has incredible brightness and clarity, but doesn't seem to look as natural as the plasma. Any thoughts?

Ya know, we're at a point where most mid-high end tv's are all 1080P, 120hz or even 240hz with great contrast ratios 150K plus... Both of the tv's you have mentioned are great. I don't know exactly if you're looking for an LCD or LED tv...seems like some peeps may be confused. The latest are the LED's...pretty pricey but are very, very slim...here's a link.. http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/?cid=prnt_led#

and here's a link to the LCD tv...series 7 Samsung...(proud owner of one:)devil)

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN52B750U1FXZA

IMO, any of the LCD Samsung tv's are waaaay more than what we REALLY need, 240hz and 150,000:1 contrast....come on....I was blown away with 120hz and 50,000:1 contrast, set up with a BD player!!

You'll be happy with either one, stick to a brand name and it'll work!

Have fun,

Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love the Pioneer Plasmas. Have the Elite 42" & PDP-6020FD. I'd buy another.

Be aware:
Pioneer announced on February 12, 2009 it will withdraw from the display business by March 2010. While this has been a celebrated category for many years, display production is not economically viable at this time.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya know, we're at a point where most mid-high end tv's are all 1080P, 120hz or even 240hz with great contrast ratios 150K plus... Both of the tv's you have mentioned are great. I don't know exactly if you're looking for an LCD or LED tv...seems like some peeps may be confused. The latest are the LED's...pretty pricey but are very, very slim...here's a link.. http://www.samsung.com/us/productsubtype/led/?cid=prnt_led#

and here's a link to the LCD tv...series 7 Samsung...(proud owner of one:)devil)

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=televisions&type=televisions&subtype=lcdtv&model_cd=LN52B750U1FXZA

IMO, any of the LCD Samsung tv's are waaaay more than what we REALLY need, 240hz and 150,000:1 contrast....come on....I was blown away with 120hz and 50,000:1 contrast, set up with a BD player!!

You'll be happy with either one, stick to a brand name and it'll work!

Have fun,

Frank
At this point, I'm leaning towards the Samsung. I can get the 55". 240 hz model delivered for $2640. I really like the Pioneer, its just a little oversized for my application. I've got a couple other plasma's and have always been happy with the picture. I was pretty amazed with the clarity of the LED. The one problem I had with the set was the picture didn't look real natural on some of the Blue Rays I saw.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Get a Pioneer while you can. Pioneer makes the best plasma display in the business and it is a shame to see them getting out of the television market.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts