1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Wow. 2.64:1 pulley ratio.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Sounds better if you say 164% over:D I doubt the LSA 6.2 is much slower if at all. The LS9 might be a little slower because the blower is bigger.
Tomato - tomato.

It's amazing how quite the new generation blowers are. I just drove that SLP car with the 1.7L and there's almost no whine at all during boost. I'm sure it's spinning similar numbers. Nice.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
WTF is "industrial" about it? can I put one in my forklift? :)bulb must just be a way around
emissions or somthing. :D

·
New here
4,219 Posts
WTF is "industrial" about it? can I put one in my forklift? :)bulb must just be a way around
emissions or somthing. :D
Oil or water pump motors, generators, transport aircraft GPUs (Ground Power Unit). Notice how they show the power/tq at 2000, as if in a fixed RPM situation.

Basically set up for longevity as opposed to maximum power/RPM. Made to run 4,5, or 6000 hours between rebuilds.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
how much cheaper is it than the other 2 ? I'm sure a little "tuning" could get you
back to the "performance" spectrum!:D

·
New here
4,219 Posts
how much cheaper is it than the other 2 ? I'm sure a little "tuning" could get you
back to the "performance" spectrum!:D
I would IMAGINE, it's in the ECM. So yes, you could logically figure a different ECM tune would change HP one way or the other. Mind you, those numbers shown are ONLY at 2000. Follow the graph to see where it stands further up the RPM scale. It's still no slouch.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
I have a 6.0 in my 3/4 ton Suburban, and for a production engine in a big ole' burb,
it actually does pretty good, stuff the gas in drive, and it shifts @ 6000! can imagine
it with a 'charger, would run purdy good, but still, NOTHING LIKE A DURAMAX, with a few
upgrades! specially pulling a 25' cat up Questa grade!:D

·
New here
4,219 Posts
I have a 6.0 in my 3/4 ton Suburban, and for a production engine in a big ole' burb,
it actually does pretty good, stuff the gas in drive, and it shifts @ 6000! can imagine
it with a 'charger, would run purdy good, but still, NOTHING LIKE A DURAMAX, with a few
upgrades! specially pulling a 25' cat up Questa grade!:D
Yeah, LS engines are RPM engines. My dad has my exact dually, but with the 6.0 gas. With an AIRAID intake, TB spacer, Predator tuner, and Flowmaster cat-back, it pulls well - like you said, nothing like a Dmax. That truck is every bit of 6000 pounds, as my Dmax dually is 7100. That's a lot of weight, plus whatever is towed, for a gas motor.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Makes wonder why this engine isn't listed anywhere as a marine engine, or why the hell GM doesn't stick this in trucks as long as they are building them.
Good point. Would make a nice 4X4 motor. Plenty of TQ for crawling and climbing. Still injected so it could go as vertical as the fuel tank would allow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts