Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thanks to the guys at the NJBA for all their hard work.My Family & I had a great time my boat was having issues & I`m sure I was a joke to some but I dont care,all I can say is it was a blast for me and for those who like to pre-judge WELL eat CHIT...

1.I found sand blasting spark plugs is a lame idea or at least my motor doesn`t like that.But once again I was the one that didn`t come prepared.

2.I need to do some bottom work to get rid of some issues.

3.I guess this goes with # 1 but when I tested at the lake couple of weeks before the race my boat was taking a set and all I did was sand blast my plugs.But I just ordered 100 of them so that wont be a issue for the next races.

4.I made some new friends and enjoyed talking with everyone,of coarse all the advice was great,watching awesome boats.

5.I was sick of dealing with these Sangers by the end of the weekend & just about ready to get a new boat but I`m going to try to get this boat as fast as I can before I give up on my old girl`s.Thanks guys for the advice.

6.All I can say is I`M HOOKED & I should have done this 8 years ago when i finished my 1st boat.See you guys at ming in september.Tom boat # 213

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. Going to the track is all about having a good time, its not about impressing people or anything else. We go to have fun and thats what its all about. You will meet some pretty amazing people there, just stay with it and eventually things will all come together with your boat.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
First time?

Very few racers "hit the nail on the head" the first time out. It is a learning curve, and we've all had to go through it. Sandblasting plugs in the old days was a way to get a few more miles out of them. Spark plugs, like everything else, aint what they use to be. Why, might I ask, did you feel the need to blast the plugs? Oil fouled? Anyway, you had a good time, that's all that counts. And don't worry, after a few events you'll be all dialed in and watching others struggle. THEN, you can help them.:D:D One of these days I'm going to have to show up at a NJBA event and watch all the fun.....Hell, I might even find some old tub to try my hand at the 1/4 mile stuff...........Ray

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
1.I found sand blasting spark plugs is a lame idea or at least my motor doesn`t like that.
We learned that the hard way too with sand rails - left deposits in the plugs, made for some unhappy engines.

In fact I've got three 12v spark plug cleaners for sale. Cheap. :D

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to the guys at the NJBA for all their hard work.My Family & I had a great time my boat was having issues & I`m sure I was a joke to some but I dont care,all I can say is it was a blast for me and for those who like to pre-judge WELL eat CHIT...

1.I found sand blasting spark plugs is a lame idea or at least my motor doesn`t like that.But once again I was the one that didn`t come prepared.

2.I need to do some bottom work to get rid of some issues.

3.I guess this goes with # 1 but when I tested at the lake couple of weeks before the race my boat was taking a set and all I did was sand blast my plugs.But I just ordered 100 of them so that wont be a issue for the next races.

4.I made some new friends and enjoyed talking with everyone,of coarse all the advice was great,watching awesome boats.

5.I was sick of dealing with these Sangers by the end of the weekend & just about ready to get a new boat but I`m going to try to get this boat as fast as I can before I give up on my old girl`s.Thanks guys for the advice.

6.All I can say is I`M HOOKED & I should have done this 8 years ago when i finished my 1st boat.See you guys at ming in september.Tom boat # 213
Nice meeting you Tom!!! Glad you had a great weekend. Like they say, Boat racing is like a disease, once you catch it your infected for ever(something like that anyways!!:)sphss). To be honest I think you can go to every race just about and make a list like yours above!!! Well I know I can. I seem to learn what not to do A LOT!!:D Hope to see you out there in September.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Tom, You did just fine.You took the first step to race with us (NJBA) and the fun only gets better. We all make mistakes and this is just part of being a new. You will find that all of our racers will help you out if needed.Welcome to sick Family. See you at Ming.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
races

TOM even though Im having a rough start I was glad to be there these last 2 events to see you and bp 298 run your boats. I hope all goes well for the season for you to progress with your boat! Im looking forward to be pitting with you bp 298 and fireboat 607 to get some good times and runs in the future with njba. What an awsome crew the njba staff people are. Im like you I wish Id have done this 10 + years ago if not 20. I encourage any one wanting to race a boat go with NJBA be a member and find out this is an awsome and exciting boat sport to be involved in. this club and personell racers and NJBA STAFF are the BEST you can get by far none!:)devilthank you all Craig #361 THE MISTRESS.:|err

1 - 7 of 7 Posts