Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.
Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.
Tax all he has
Then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.
Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.
When he's gone,
Do not relax,
It's time to apply
The inheritance tax.
Accounts Receivable Tax
Airline surcharge tax
Airline Fuel Tax
Airport Maintenance Tax
Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Death Tax
Dog License Tax
Driving Permit Tax
Environmental Tax (Fee)
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment (UI)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Gasoline Tax (too much per litre)
Gross Receipts Tax
Health Tax
Hunting License Tax
HydroTax
Inheritance Tax
Interest Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Mortgage Tax
Personal Income Tax
Property Tax
Poverty Tax
Prescription Drug Tax
Provincial Income and Sales tax
Real Estate Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Retail Sales Tax
Service Charge Tax
School Tax
Telephone Federal Tax
Telephone Federal, Provincial and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
--- and in 2010 the HST
STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 60 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What in "Hell" happened? Can you spell ' politicians ?'
I hope this goes around AMERICA at least 100 times.
YOU can help it get there.
GO AHEAD - - - be an AMERICAN

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
What's comical and ironic is how cities spend millions on promoting themselves as places to come visit to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, remarkable entertainment venues, great hospitality, and such......Then you get there and are forced to pay dozens of taxes added on to rental cars, hotels, and services. Mass transportation and taxis have added fees, parking is controlled and downright expensive.......Little if anything you eat or drink doesn't have added taxes in someway attached back to all the great stuff you've been invited to come and enjoy!!!!!!!!

We live in an age when every entity is somehow a Barnum and Bailey show barker, trying to get the money out of the "suckers".......Taxes and fees, fees and taxes, just try and escape them.:|err

It would be interesting to track a $100 bill through it's life and see how many taxes it's generated in it's journey from the hands of the 1st guy who earned it and put it into circulation back to the bank who retires it when it's finally worn out.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
What's comical and ironic is how cities spend millions on promoting themselves as places to come visit to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, remarkable entertainment venues, great hospitality, and such......Then you get there and are forced to pay dozens of taxes added on to rental cars, hotels, and services. Mass transportation and taxis have added fees, parking is controlled and downright expensive.......Little if anything you eat or drink doesn't have added taxes in someway attached back to all the great stuff you've been invited to come and enjoy!!!!!!!!

We live in an age when every entity is somehow a Barnum and Bailey show barker, trying to get the money out of the "suckers".......Taxes and fees, fees and taxes, just try and escape them.:|err

It would be interesting to track a $100 bill through it's life and see how many taxes it's generated in it's journey from the hands of the 1st guy who earned it and put it into circulation back to the bank who retires it when it's finally worn out.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Great thread OG.

I posted one very similar in December.

This is why I simply LAUGH every-time some punk at a store comes up to me for a signature on some bill that "only taxes (someone) 1%".

Usually they will say "rich people". To which I reply if you make money you are "rich."

I already figure my personal taxation is around 60%, and Ill be dammed if Im paying a nickel more to anyone for anything without fight.

Uncle Dave

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Two things really bother me about this thread:
1 It's spot-on true in every sense of the word!
2 Liberals actually believe these taxes are necessary!

How sad it this? It's time we:
CUT HERE! CUT NOW!

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Great thread OG.

I posted one very similar in December.

This is why I simply LAUGH every-time some punk at a store comes up to me for a signature on some bill that "only taxes (someone) 1%".

Usually they will say "rich people". To which I reply if you make money you are "rich."

I already figure my personal taxation is around 60%, and Ill be dammed if Im paying a nickel more to anyone for anything without fight.

Uncle Dave
Along those same lines, my wife came home from the supermarket miffed at a smartassed, "Have a nice day...." she got from a lady sitting at a table next to the store entrance. They were selling some overpriced bake goods or raffle tickets for some cause close to their hearts like their kids' sports or their church group's trip to where ever.

My wife and I are fine with donating to the charities of our choice and were fortunate enough to be able to pay our children's way and that of some kids less fortunate, but we draw a line at the overuse of charities for 101 things we have no one participating with nor interest in. If these people can't be civil to those who choose to not contribute to "strangers of our own choice", they don't need to be sitting in public messing with a merchant's customers. But they are following the mentality of government, go ask for "spare change" and like whiney politicians, they insult you when you say NO or ignore their requests.:|err

Rant over, back to the main topic of taxes and professional government panhandlers.:D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I sooooo get it Tex.

Like we need a grip of attitude from someone who decides to setup their pet project in our faces anyway.

- and Ive wondered my entire working life- what is "spare change" ?

I dont have a rash of money lying around I dont need.

At the same time Ill buy a homeless guy looking for work an extra meal, or flip him a 20 if he has the right attitude- but dont get in my face and act put out if I dont.

UD

UD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts