Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a boat that I've been working on??/ Its got a 390 Ford FE engine with a V-Drive??/ I'm trying to get a reverse in it without a lot of room to work in??/So I was considering a adapter for the FE ford to a power glide??/Is there a combination that you know of to perform this task??/Bell housing adapter,Tail shaft and tail housing removed and a coupler installed any thing to gain space between the engine and V-Drive??/ I was looking at a( see pic's below):idea: Direct Drive for Power glide, What would be nice if I could eliminate the bell housing ( with the add if available of a adapter that mounts the PG transmission less bell housing right to the bolt pattern on the back of the FE engine) I have a source that sells a Direct Drive for Powerglide (SEE PIC's) also they sell a Direct Drive converter but again I would like to get away from the bell housing something similar to a velvet drive without the bell housing any ideas or sources for a adapter plate (mechanist??/ Maybe someone that's got one of this on the back shelf) in place of the bell housing Please advise Steve Also have you ever seen a powerglide in the pic ??/ (Small bell housing) The other pic is of a glenwood that I redone back in the 70's

Attachments

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
jw will see this shortley but i would post this up in the v-drive (tech)section

·
Cocoloco
521 Posts
I did this dance.

I have a boat that I've been working on??/ Its got a 390 Ford FE engine with a V-Drive??/ I'm trying to get a reverse in it without a lot of room to work in??/So I was considering a adapter for the FE ford to a power glide??/Is there a combination that you know of to perform this task??/Bell housing adapter,Tail shaft and tail housing removed and a coupler installed any thing to gain space between the engine and V-Drive??/ I was looking at a( see pic's below):idea: Direct Drive for Power glide, What would be nice if I could eliminate the bell housing ( with the add if available of a adapter that mounts the PG transmission less bell housing right to the bolt pattern on the back of the FE engine) I have a source that sells a Direct Drive for Powerglide (SEE PIC's) also they sell a Direct Drive converter but again I would like to get away from the bell housing something similar to a velvet drive without the bell housing any ideas or sources for a adapter plate (mechanist??/ Maybe someone that's got one of this on the back shelf) in place of the bell housing Please advise Steve Also have you ever seen a powerglide in the pic ??/ (Small bell housing) The other pic is of a glenwood that I redone back in the 70's
I waited and debated then even bought a powerglide. Having raced one for years I was comfy with it. Then I started thinking about cooling it, mounting it, propping for it, gearing for it and all the mods to run it. After six months of debate the Velvet drive won out on a lot of points. I sold the Glide and bought a velvet drive which I am installing when I reassemble the boat next month. My Dos Centavos Amiger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Reverse in V-Drive

Cocploco < Hay when you do finish this setup can you get back to as to the procedures you went through to get the ride back on the water ??/ Your still going to have to cool:rolleyes: it right , and maintain a hydraulic:partyguy: reservoir aren't you ??/ I was looking at the cost:wink2: between the two at one time ??/ the PG looked more appetizing at the time looked into a Lenco:hmmm: and couldn't justify not being able to get reverse without coming to a complete RPM idle ??/ Get back to me on this ??/ A couple of moe pic's as to the app??/

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts