AARP Member
732 Posts
I will take two. That's cheaper than a set of good heads. :)sphss
I could also use about 200 gallons of the 87 octane that makes 680hp. :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
n/a or not available
468 based on 4.310 bore and 4.00 stroke and conventional heads running 87 octane and make 680 hp is a tall order and limit it to 4900.00 were's the nos under the manifold.

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
n/a or not available
468 based on 4.310 bore and 4.00 stroke and conventional heads running 87 octane and make 680 hp is a tall order and limit it to 4900.00 were's the nos under the manifold.
Like I said...not for 4900.00
Basic same engine, 12:1 and some 110 made 821hp and was nothing special.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Last motor I built 468 10.1 comp small cam made 660 on pump gas so it is doable! Have dyno no. too! WT:)devil

Price is to cheap! Wonder what parts????

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I stand by my comment. You're not going to get 680 hp out of 468 cubes on 87 octane.
youd better stand on 1 leg and youll be by yourself;)

oh it can be done with the proper build.it will take alot more than the asking price of this mill.

steelcomp i totally agree with you.:)sphsstravis

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It can be done pretty easily. At that price though, for how long would be the question!!! :)sphss
Let's see the specs with 468. :)grn

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Oversight?

Just remember, there are NO oversight agencies when it comes to dynos. No local, county, state, or federal oversight. No dept. of weights and measures. No one minding the store, so to speak. If you buy a pound of beef, someone has recently verified the butchers scale is accurate. If you buy 600 HP, there is NO ONE to verify it is actually 600HP.......IMO, dyno numbers of today are a joke. Not even a real joke, a fake joke.......Today's dyno numbers mean nothing, nothing at all. They are just numbers out of the air to make some people feel good about what they pay for......Boy, if I could sell 8 oz of beer and tell people it was 12 oz of beer........OH wait, there is an actual standard of what an ounce is. I would get caught and more than likely sued and prosecuted as a fraud. Gee the horsepower business is one of the very few that are totally un regulated. I guess its like buying art. If some one says that painting is worth 100K, it must be so, pay the man.....Really close to selling HP........It is, because I said it is, no proof, no checks, no balances, If you don't believe me, just ask me, I'll tell you.........Pay the cashier.........Ray

1 - 20 of 96 Posts