Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an early 70's boat I believe was called a Sundance. It was an open bow with a small console the driver straddled. If I remember, the pump was supplied by Castoldi. Here in Maryland, they were sold by the old American Motors Rambler dealer. At the time, I was young, married and 2 kids and making NO MONEY!! Like to find one to restore.
Rebob202

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Sundance you're talking about was built on the West Coast in Southern California. The front man for the operation was Ian Dunn who dabbled in some local POPBRA offshore racing in the early 1970s. He also did some PR work for Datsun. I did an article about the boat for Powerboat Magazine in 1974 or 1975. Haven't seen or heard from Ian in years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a sundance

I am looking for an early 70's boat I believe was called a Sundance. It was an open bow with a small console the driver straddled. If I remember, the pump was supplied by Castoldi. Here in Maryland, they were sold by the old American Motors Rambler dealer. At the time, I was young, married and 2 kids and making NO MONEY!! Like to find one to restore.
Rebob202
I do have a sundance jet boat, bought several years ago, life got turned upside down, home sold so I'm selling. It is in Florida, will be down moving contents from 7/8-7/11. It runs, needs paint all original. $2K firm 352 216 1324 Joe

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts