Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time ive ever posted so hang in there. Just a quick question guys just want to know where to start lookin . I have a 72 Starbuck jet with a dominator pump and place diverter. Story made simple running 3500 rpms smoothly and it start squalling like a belt slipping but I'm not running a alternator ,doesnt really sound like a knock, and didn't lose oil psi and the motor felt tight I'm sure its a bearing . Where do I start thanks brandon

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Try disconnecting the pump at the flywheel and see if the noise goes away. Or, if you have a 3 point mount and can't access the bolts at the fly wheel, use a piece of hose, something like a garden hose or heater hose and listen to the pump and isolate where the noise is coming from. Could be a front pump bearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright man thanks for the info I replace the front bearing and rear one last summer but that doesn't mean that they didn't go out. It actually never crossed my mind that it could be the pump. I have had the olds gone threw last year with new rod bearings , comp cam and timing gears .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts