Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey V-Drivers, picked up this boat yesterday as part of a 3 party swap. I got the boat, trailer and running gear, buddy wanted the medium riser 427 and all the FE hardware. He will most likely be selling the Holman Moody dual oil filter/cooler, timing chain cover/mount and headers, If interested let me know and I will put you in contact with him.

I will be installing a Banks Twin Turbo BBC. Here is the questions as I am more of a Raysoncraft guy. Am I right calling this a "Bubble Deck"? Does the 3-piece cav plate assembly put this in a specific category? Any one familiar with this boat, I heard it raced in Klamath Falls Oregon in the late 70s, early 80s then made it over to the Oregon coast.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
You have an 18'3" bubble deck circle runner. Notice how the chines tuck back under at the transom, on an 18'6" drag runner they drop straight down. These boats can be made to work well, but sometimes it does take a lot of bottom and set up changes, depending on your power level, nice boat, put the motor in and see what it does (with appropriate caution lol) and then go from there. Here is a pic of my circle runner.
Water Art Recreation Wood Leisure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great help, thanks, I have not actually seen the boat yet, it is 500 miles away at a buddies house. I plan on getting it in the next month and doing just as you suggested. If I'm happy with the performance I will do a complete restore. I'm in Washington state and have limited access to people here that do gelcoat, does anyone know if vinyl wraps on a boat hold up to the water and speed?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Obviously you wouldn't put any vinyl on the bottom but I would also stay at least 6-8" above the chine if you're going to put any wrap on the sides of the boat. Even quality paint can come off there at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts