Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The economy and divorce finally worked it's way down to me and I have to let my dream ride go. I bought this as a project and it's 90% there excluding the interior upholstry. Absolutely everything on this project is NEW. EVERYTHING. I bought it, parked it next to a dumpster and broke out the sawzall and impact wrench.

1975 Hallett Daycruiser on a Competitive tandem trailer. New bearings and polished Eagles with BFG's, including matching spare. Zero miles. Axles flipped with new shackles. New bow post with roller. New unmounted LED lights included. No rust, ready for paint.

454 +030, never fired. All new internals incl. 4 bolt with ARP studs top and bottom, steel crank std/std, Milodon 10 quart pan with kickout and new pickup. Steel 3/8 rods w/ ARP bolts, TRW pistons 10:1 for pump gas. Brodix 360 aluminum heads with mild work on the exhaust side, stainless intakes and Iconel exhaust valves, Comp Cams hydraulic cam, non roller, Comp hardware, HS roller rockers, polished Rex valve covers with breathers. Polished Brodix intake for single 850 Holley, no hacking. Throttle plate, fuel gauge and linkage installed. All SS fasteners. Full MSD ignition. Polished K&N flame arrestor.

Fresh and polished IMCO water jacketed exhaust manifolds with IMCO water jacketed S pipes. New Magnaflow pump on REX polished front cover. Polished 4 port water housing.

Fully polished T400 from Rex with spline drive. Deep pan and cooler. Oil cooler is a new-3" diameter thermo controlled unit with polished brackets all from Hardin.

Casale C500 heavy duty V-drive with fresh internals incl bearings and Redline oil. 22% gears and also comes with new Casale 15% gears. No warps, no leaks, no rot. -8 lines. One inch shaft, SS 12x15 prop, new water log, seals and clamps.

It all sits on new polished rails installed with full backup plates with access ports.

ALL electrical is new- Autometer ProComp liquid gauges incl 5" GPS speedo and tach, all temps and volts, and fuel all in anodized bezels. All new wire with shrink wrapped connections. New switches w/ matching bezels. New dual battery switch and new cables to two new polished trays with one bluetop deep cycle gell cell. New Jensen Marine electronics unit with Sirius satellite antenna and ipod ports. Four new Infinity Marine 6x9's. New Rule bilge pump. New rudder bearings, seals and log.

New anodized shifter/throttle, steering post and hub, new Grant wheel. Polished Fram dual fuel filters, one for each tank. Billiet tank selector valve.

Hull is classic single step and the only things original and remaining are the Hallett emblems and the vent covers. Hull is straight with usual minor srapes on bottom. Dings on rails and decks are minor and just need a fill and sand, no glasswork. New pickups and dumps. New polished cavitation plates are mounted and still need the control rod and turnbuckles. New electric cav plate motor w/mounts and switch. New electric hatch lift and mounts.

New floors are installed and glassed. All original holes in stringers are filled and flowed. No rot. Marine grade carpet and new ski hatch cut into bow. New under bow courtesy light. New running lights. New carpeted low profile V-drive tunnel.

All new fiberglassed plywood and stainless interior seat and bench frames, new engine hatch with anodized hinges. Interior needs upholstry finished.

All new lines fenders and floats. New bimini and frame.

Total package. All that's left is to install the water and fuel lines, have the upholstry finished, mount it to already installed brackets and fill it with gas. Boat was originall going to be red on white, all anodizing is red, hull white.

Selling it for just what I have in the running gear, $9,000.00. I have reciepts for everything that totals over $17,000.00. I'm not crying some sob story or playing victim... I should have seen it coming, but this is killin' me... Please no lowballers, you know this is a deal. I figure another $2000.00 worth of SS hose and vinyl and you're styling.

Photos will be coming.

Please direct all questions and comments by email- [email protected] or (707) 331-2385. Boat and trailer is in Santa Rosa, CA. Delivery in CA possible for fuel costs and In&Out reciepts.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm getting that impression based on the clowns bickering over that sweet Canyon flat... A few are up on the original post.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting that impression based on the clowns bickering over that sweet Canyon flat... A few are up on the original post.
That will keep them happy for a bit!! Our first boat was a 1973 Hallett Day cruiser with a 454/Berkley jet, great memories!! Yours when finished will be REALLY nice!! Good luck, not many of those around anymore, ours is in Parker, not far for me to drool and beg the owner to sell it back.:)grn

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While taking some photos I found the box with the cav control rod and bearing pads. Also the spare 12x 15 prop. This thing has got to start looking appealing soon...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
To those that have asked, no I don't want to separate or part it out. What I WILL do is sell you the running hardware and GIVE you the hull and trailer. Sweet deal, eh?

Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks very much. I put a lot into it as it was supposed to last, like the marriage and the job. I've been stuck out on the lakes with shit that didn't work on other boats so I went and nut and bolted this thing right.

I keep finding parts and pieces- a full spool of trailer wire and billet mounts for the cav plate motor.

C'mon somebody!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...this is going to show all the cards, but... I'll take payments.

Damn.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For those guys looking for a complete motor over in the Parts Spam section, pick up the motor in mine for the cost of the pallet it's in!

Happy 4th all...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts