Dave Walters
[email protected]
417-858-6975 LV message

Attachments

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks beautiful.

How's it run? Top speed? Any bow steer issues?

Thanks!
It had bow steer problem that was corrected with a smaller diameter prop. It does tend to dart to one side if you let off too quickly after a high speed run. I think that is a characteristic of this hull.Like any v-drive you need to get used to it and be careful. It goes too fast for this hull. I would estimate ~90's. It is a box stringer hull. Hope that answers ??s:)hand

Dave

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks beautiful.

How's it run? Top speed? Any bow steer issues?

Thanks!
It had bow steer problem until I went to a smaller diameter prop. It does tend to dart to one side if you let off too quickly after a high speed run. Like any v-drive you need to get used to it and be careful. It goes too fast for this hull. I would estimate ~90's. It is a box stringer hull. Hope that answers ??s:)hand

Dave

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It had bow steer problem until I went to a smaller diameter prop. It does tend to dart to one side if you let off too quickly after a high speed run. Like any v-drive you need to get used to it and be careful. It goes too fast for this hull. I would estimate ~90's. It is a box stringer hull. Hope that answers ??s:)hand

Dave
More information:
New aluminum fuel tanks to replace OE glass tanks
Stringers are from transom to front seat area ahead of v-drive, then boxed. hull is in very good condition.
Dooley 10 Qt. pan Extra prop included.
Engine picture added.

Attachments

· Premium Member
636 Posts
It looks like a really nice boat but the economy sucks and people are giving stuff like this away unfortunately. You'll find a few on this site and also Craigslist. They ranged from $8,000 to $22,500.
The $8,000 one is gone, another at $15,000 is gone, another one listed for $17,500 is gone I think but I don't know for how much. The $22,500 was in Havasu and now is in Idaho and has been listed for a year or so I'd guess. Looks like a very nice boat from the pictures but no takers that I'm aware of.

So, I think the ugly reality is that $15,000 or so is where the market is unless it is a pristine collectors showboat.

You can look at the pictures of my Sanger Circle runner that was in beautiful shape that I bought in that price range a year ago and things are worse now.

Anyone else got any more positive feedback...maybe I'm FOS :D

By the way, where are you located at?

· Registered
125 Posts
I dont believe that it is an even comparison
Take a look at the engine specs on this one, I dont want to even think what all those parts cost.
I know that in this market its tough to get any where near what a boat is worth but there is allot of value here.

Sanger Mini for sale: GEN V 502 BBC
Comp cam w/roller rockers
Head work by Gromm
Big Intercooled 3300 Whipple SC
1190 Demon MSD Marine Ignition
Lightning water jacketed headers
Sea Strainer for SC
Velvet Drive
Bergeron rebuilt Crusader V-Drive w/ 29 % OD
Paint by Fiberglass Unlimited
New interior by Miller Boats
Trailer in good shape
25K firm
Dave Walters
[email protected]
417-858-6975 LV message
Here is the one for $22,500

http://kpr.craigslist.org/boa/1234943423.html

The owner is Jay White and I think he's owned the boat for many years and used to race as I recall. I talked to him and he's a really nice guy. You might email him and compare notes. He may have some other suggestions for you.

· Premium Member
636 Posts
I completely agree...there is never an exact comparison. It's just that there are very few people willing to pay anywhere close to what a boat is worth right now.
I hope there is a bidding war on Dave's boat and it sells for the value of the parts that are in it.

Best of luck Dave!

Bill

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Sanger offers?

I completely agree...there is never an exact comparison. It's just that there are very few people willing to pay anywhere close to what a boat is worth right now.
I hope there is a bidding war on Dave's boat and it sells for the value of the parts that are in it.

Best of luck Dave!

Bill
Located on Table Rock Lake in southern MO (Retired here from CA)
Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions. I will entertain reasonable offers. I do not want to "give it away", and I don't have to.
I am getting older and need to shed some of my toys. Two boats and two street rods is too much.:)grn:)grn

Dave

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks like a really nice boat but the economy sucks and people are giving stuff like this away unfortunately. You'll find a few on this site and also Craigslist. They ranged from $8,000 to $22,500.
The $8,000 one is gone, another at $15,000 is gone, another one listed for $17,500 is gone I think but I don't know for how much. The $22,500 was in Havasu and now is in Idaho and has been listed for a year or so I'd guess. Looks like a very nice boat from the pictures but no takers that I'm aware of.

So, I think the ugly reality is that $15,000 or so is where the market is unless it is a pristine collectors showboat.

You can look at the pictures of my Sanger Circle runner that was in beautiful shape that I bought in that price range a year ago and things are worse now.

Anyone else got any more positive feedback...maybe I'm FOS :D

By the way, where are you located at?
Table Rock Lake in southern MO (I retired here from CA in 06')

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.