Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
how will it run with the pumper compared to the vac sec. will it change my fuel mileage
it will run "great" & if u stay out of the secondary's, ur fuel mileage should be the same...also...if u upgrade the motor in the future, u will have a good carb to work with...many more things u can do to it than a vac sec carb...just my .02 cents

FastRat

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a 750 with vacuum secondaries on mine and it works just fine. Vac vs mech is really driver preference. It can be argued that mech sec offer more driver control, but being a jet, the load is pretty much the same at a given rpm, so the sec vac diaphram could be set the where you want them to kick in. Mine open at 4000 rpm like clockwork...

My .02

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
you should never run a vac carb on a jet boat. why would you!

Why? Or perhaps a better question, why not? Wanting to start a conversation based on opinions is all...

Vacuum secondary carbs work killer on pleasure/cruiser type boats IMHO.

GT :)hand

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
750 is a fine size for a 450-460" motor not turning past about 5500RPM.

You CAN run a vac. sec. carb on a jet boat just fine. You won't wring every last drop of maximum performance out of it, but, properly adjusted you don't loose very much.

Mileage will be similar, IF YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT OUT OF THE SECCONDARIES ON THE Double Pumper.
If you don't, oh well. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts