Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pie Wagon
253 Posts
I was asking the same about 3 or 4 years ago. I bought one from a friend and put it in storage but never did anything with it. Was supposed to be a very fast hull with mild HP. I never got anyone to say very much about Dimarco's, kinda like nation secrets. They say it was the same or similar to Sunkist boats? Mine went to a gentleman in Wisconsin somewhere. Hopefully his economy was better than mine. Try google and searching on here will probably pull up my searches. Good luck

·
Registered
501 Posts
DiMarco's were predominantly V-Drives and like stated before have been around for a long time, and are very stable at speed. My Dad's last boat was a 19 DiMarco Mini Day tht was owned my Engle Cams(confirmed by Engle). had a built BBC I believe a 10* cassale whirl-a-way and th400, was a very fast boat.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the one I found at auction

This is the one I found at auction. It has full stringer, Berk jet, 454. I put a motor that I had out of a old Belmont I sank in the Delta. Took it out last week to see how it would do before I tear it down. IT FLEW!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is the one I found at auction. It has full stringer, Berk jet, 454. I put a motor that I had out of a old Belmont I sank in the Delta. Took it out last week to see how it would do before I tear it down. IT FLEW!!!
That is the same hull my dad had... I wish I had a scanner so I could post up the pics of it. If you want some more in depth info contact Jim Brock at Cyclone Speed and Marine ( he seemed to know a bit about DiMarco's) at 818-890-1867

SJ

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Super Jet

I'll try and get in touch of him next week. Again, Thanks for the info. I'd love to see those pictures.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
DiMarco Boats

Sonny DiMarco was a Top Fuel Hydro Drag boat racer in the '70's who sold pleasure boats to fund racing. His shop was in Pacoima
I bought a new '73 19' Mini Cruiser for $5500 turn key on a trailer 455 Olds Berkley. Big time porpoise that got worse as time went on.
Solid boat and if you Google you can find a lot of history. I had the boat for 27 years " The Blueberry Douche" - I think it's in Vacaville or Shasta

1 - 8 of 8 Posts