Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this Sleekcraft with a 455 Olds and Jacuzzi YJ. Got it cheap (which of course could be expensive in the long run) knowing the carb needs a rebuild. Motor looks clean and starts but the carb leaks pretty bad. Previous owner and son started to somewhat restore it years ago, they replaced the carpet and re-upholstered all the seats. Looks like they re-did the wiring too, definitley not the original. The 455 has a 4-point mount system. Jacuzzi seems to be in good shape, I can spin the shaft easily and nothing rubs.

I've had it in the carport for a couple weeks now and found something I didn't see when I first looked it over. The intake is pretty beat up. One of the fins is munched pretty good and the other is snapped right off. I'm not sure about the seal job on this either. How much should I be concerned? Can I run this as is or does it need to be replaced? Whatever they sealed it with, it's not hard, more like silicone. I don't imagine it will be cheap to have the intake replaced, that would change the math for me on this boat.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts