Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im wanting to use a larger pan. Its a BBF460 in a 77, 18' spectra. Link below to the pan Im looking/considering. The pan that came with the setup is a regular shaped pan. Im not sure if this thing will clear the cradle-eng mount that runs between the stringers.

Maybe someone else has used this pan on the same boat/eng combo??

OR...Is there a known better pan option someone is using already besides this one?? Im very open to suggestions.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Milodon/697/31365/10002/-1

Thanks in advance!!

Brad

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe from past post of problems with that pan on marine use. They mention someone else who builds one. I don't remember I am sure someone will chime here and pass on the info.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oil Pans

Some people have good luck with the Milodon pans but I have also heard bad things (Like loosing oil pressure when you need it the most). I bought one of these pans for my 532 Ford.(http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1624/

I havent had a chance to test it yet as I havent started the engine yet but, I have heard good things about them. The only thing I dont like so far is the cadmium plating finish. It arrived with thin dull spots all over it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Please check your Pms for info on our pan per your request Tom

Max pan debth in my experience is 7 3/4 from engine pan rail to the lowest part of the sump at the rear this goes for BBC and BBF as well 8" will barely allow proper drive line alignment and jet intake bolt clearance with a standard length D/L Berkely set up .and even then we countersink to two forward bolts Your obstacle is your under pan saddle/ 3 point mount , I would consider modifying your front mont to allow for a Box style pan or remounting the motor with a 4 point or rail kit Tom
front bolts C/sunk (not trimmed)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Armando's Racing Oil Pans in Texas built mine and was reasonable on price! Good clean workmanship! WT:)devil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts