Performance Boats Forum banner

79 Cole TR2, V-drive Runner Bottom with Newly Glassed Floors

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  76Miller 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD.

Thank you Performance Boats for making this transaction possible by providing these great forums.
Stay Safe, PC

#2 ·
This 1979 Cole TR2 has all new glass on the floors, stringers, toe board and inside transom. There was a bit of sun checking on the floors and a bit of delam on the sides of the stringers, so we had all new glass done. Also had a few stress-cracks around the top of the transom removed and strengthened. Making this a totally stress-crack free hull. All glass work was done by Manny at Clovis Glass, one of the best. All original hardware shown in the pics and Ellis trailer are included. The 10 degree Casale gearbox is also apart and includes all new bearings, gaskets and seals. The whirlaway dogs show no ware. The 18 degree gears will required replacing because there was rust in the box. New rear engine mounts and passenger seat mounts are also included. Two original fiberglass seats are included, but the paint on them does not match the boat. Engine, driveshaft, prop and gas tank are not included. The Ellis trailer has good tires, bearings and rims, so it is ready to go anywhere.
The pics show the condition of the inside of the hull when I purchased it. I have since spent over $4,000 on glass work and parts. There is no rot at all in this nice hull. The paint will need to be redone, but can be presentable with a bit of effort. The bottom has nearly new speed coat. Asking $8,000. Call Keith at 559-312-6998 Located in NW Fresno, CA. Everything is still apart for plating and painting. All the hard dismantling work has been done.

Title and hull number sais it is a 1979.
Here is what the floors where like before all the glass work was done. All original hardware is included. Engine mounts are for a BBC.

Dang. Manny from Clovis Glass does nice work!!! Funny thing is, I just had my windshield replaced from Manny at Fiberglass Unlimited in Clovis. Ironic. ;)

Beautiful boat Keith!

#3 ·
Dang. Manny from Clovis Glass does nice work!!! Funny thing is, I just had my windshield replaced from Manny at Fiberglass Unlimited in Clovis. Ironic. ;)

Beautiful boat Keith!
Good one Neil. I caught that too.:D
Manny (at Fiberglass Unlimited) does awesome worrk and is top quality. He did the floors in our Dad's '65 Lavey.
Floors look great Keith............:)devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.