Performance Boats Forum banner

80" Flat Screen WOW!!

Tags
flat screen wow
4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  SoldHondaBoughtHondo 
#1 ·
I just saw an AQUOS 80" Flat Screen T-V for sale.Damn,I remember when an 37" was a big deal.That would take one hell of a room to do it right.

#3 ·
Was JUST looking at these. Was at my folk's yesterday tuning in their new 120hz 65" Sharp Aquos. I have never been a Sharp/Fisher/Sanyo fan, but I am VERY impressed with the picture. It absolutely blows my (four year old) Panasonic 50" plasma AWAY. No contest.

I hooked up their matching Sharp BluRay player and we threw in AVATAR. The 120hz speed makes the action shots "freaky clear".

#6 ·
I have a 65" Mitsubishi HD rear projection that I bought in 03. it has worked flawless since day one. I put the 50" LCD next to it a few weeks ago to watch 2 football games. Couldn't believe how much better the lcd looked. Now i am having a fight with myself. I want to get a new 70" lcd but there is nothing wrong with the 65" and i just can't see me replacing something that isn't broke and the damn thing wont break. :(

#7 ·
You'll have an excuse soon enough. That's why my folks got the new 65. Their 60" projector ('03-ish) started getting redder and redder. Then the color wheel gave out.

#15 ·
If you want the best picture going right now, get a 65" Panasonic VT-30. It blows all of the other large screen (65"+) TVs away by a long ways. Only downside is the $3,000+ price tag. The Sharp is good, but the Panasonic is great!
With boats, engines, and electronics - you get what you pay for.

#18 ·
That $500k..that's full pop retail..I bet you could find one in the high 490's easy....might even get a free set up/install with the deal;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.