Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the design stage of building a new engine for the Daytona.
What would your build consist of. Money is an issue but do want good parts but not overkill. I will assemble the engine myself after all of the machining is done by a local shop I have used for over 20 years. I have built performance engines for 35 years.
It will be natural aspirated, roller cam, tunnel ram? F.A.S.T.
electronic fuel injection.
What cubes - 598 or 632?
Plan on using a tall deck block.
I have dry exhaust so cam overlap is not an issue.
Would you do the firing order swap?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I am at the design stage of building a new engine for the Daytona.
What would your build consist of. Money is an issue but do want good parts but not overkill. I will assemble the engine myself after all of the machining is done by a local shop I have used for over 20 years. I have built performance engines for 35 years.
It will be natural aspirated, roller cam, tunnel ram? F.A.S.T.
electronic fuel injection.
What cubes - 598 or 632?
Plan on using a tall deck block.
I have dry exhaust so cam overlap is not an issue.
Would you do the firing order swap?
Thanks
Steve
sounds like your the man.....35 years building performance engines.....I say go big.....or just go home.....:)hand

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
E85x14.5:1x632cid=922hp
Should be pretty easy. Thats at 1.46 hp per ci, not too hard to do.
Be safe, schick

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Is this a jet or IO? If it's a jet, 565 or 588 with a tunnel ram and hyd. roller should make 900hp easy on pump gas ~ 6500 rpm.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yes. BIG as you can go. And yes. Firing order swap or get with Straub and try a two pattern.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Yes. BIG as you can go. And yes. Firing order swap or get with Straub and try a two pattern.
How did I know you were sitting in a dark corner waiting to pounce?
ME??
I just trying to figure out what you call 90+% of the cams out there for BBC that have different lobes for intake and exhaust? Aren't those dual pattern or "two" pattern cams?
Or did you mean something different?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
721 Posts
hyd lifter vs RPMs

What is the real max RPM that a stock diameter hyd roller lifter can stand in a BBC with .680-.700 lift. I'm going to a hyd roller too but I don't want to have to go to the big bore lifter.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
What is the real max RPM that a stock diameter hyd roller lifter can stand in a BBC with .680-.700 lift. I'm going to a hyd roller too but I don't want to have to go to the big bore lifter.
We have several customers using the 4603 Morel turning well into the 7000's but .700" lift is pushing it. The lobe has a lot to do with what the lifter will handle, not just rpm.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
ME??
I just trying to figure out what you call 90+% of the cams out there for BBC that have different lobes for intake and exhaust? Aren't those dual pattern or "two" pattern cams?
Or did you mean something different?
I'm guessing he meant two different intake lobes which isn't necessary in most builds.

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
I understand you want to put some big cubes in a Daytona

Is this a 19-21 ft jet boat
or a 22-27 I/O Daytona single engine

·
Registered
721 Posts
.300 tall ???

Is this part number a .300 tall lifter or is just about all the hyd roller lifters out there now standard .300 tall?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts