Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't enough info but has anybody went from a stock Berkeley bowl to nine vane bowl? If so did you see any significant gains?

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Went from a modified split C bowl to a 9 aggressor. I can cruise at about 2-300 rpms less at same speed with the 9. Seems to get out of the hole decent but dont have the HP to fully get any real gains.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Went from stock Berkeley 12JB bowl to 9 vane Aggressor I picked up from Tom at JBP.

Hell yea buddy, I have the HP & what a difference! :))THumbsUp:yikes:

If you're gonna do the bowl make sure the rest of what you have will let it flow

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang

Tiger that's not what I wanted to hear. Did you put it on the beer drinking boat? I want to start gathering parts for the new project. Y'all on the road yet?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Tiger that's not what I wanted to hear. Did you put it on the beer drinking boat? I want to start gathering parts for the new project. Y'all on the road yet?
Got one on the beer drinking boat and the race boat. Personally I like new Dominator bowls better. Gonna leave around 8

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a/t impeller

Will my A/T Berk impeller work in a dominator bowl. Add a stuffer ????

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Did the swap years ago, before going to the track and getting slips to verify... but...

Apples to apples... only swapping out the berk to aggressor bowl... didn't see any mph gain on gps... but boat stayed on plane and cruised at about 2-300 rpm less. Seemed a bit more responsive as well.

It didn't seem to be enough of a noticeable gain to take the MPD worked berk bowl off my Crusader and swap to a 9 vane... but at the same token... it seemed to be better than the janked-up "worked by Hack & Sons" berk bowl that was on my gullwing that I would never swap back to it or a stocker.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Did the swap years ago, before going to the track and getting slips to verify... but...

Apples to apples... only swapping out the berk to aggressor bowl... didn't see any mph gain on gps... but boat stayed on plane and cruised at about 2-300 rpm less. Seemed a bit more responsive as well.

It didn't seem to be enough of a noticeable gain to take the MPD worked berk bowl off my Crusader and swap to a 9 vane... but at the same token... it seemed to be better than the janked-up "worked by Hack & Sons" berk bowl that was on my gullwing that I would never swap back to it or a stocker.
I was gonna ask where hack and sons are located, but we would probly get in trouble...

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
I was gonna ask where hack and sons are located, but we would probly get in trouble...

I do not know the exact address of where they are... but I have seen plenty of evidence over the years of where they have been.:)sphss

·
Registered
877 Posts
lots of people have that combo.

hey scott, you gonna run ME at Wheaties???
Yahh. Ran Modified with the beer drinking boat. 10.00s all day Friday. Qualified with 10.09 Went out in second round. Slept at the light plus massive weather change between 1st and 2nd round. Had a good time and got to play with my new motor

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
time and practice

Sounds like y'all had some fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts