Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay fellas we have a 11 vane agressor bowl on our tx-19.

my question is would we be better off with a 9 vane?

we tried a 8 vane dominator bowl that had been detailed alittle and lost speed 2.4 mph back to back runs. and possibly e.t. im sure.

everything i have read about the 11 vane is it is for e.t and alot of hp 1000 plus?

we only have 700hp,150 more with the nos.

so would someone explain this shit to me about the bowl.so we need more hp to use the 11 vane efficiently?or is it really going to make much of a difference?
the impeller is a HH B-cut.

·
Boat Nut
4,935 Posts
It's only money buy it and try it.....keep it if you like, spam it if you don't. I bet your pump guy could tell you first hand from experience, what you will get.

·
I'm No Expert
3,051 Posts
either no one likes me or no one can answer my questions:)bulb

WTF!!!!!:p
I get suprised some times... With as many fast jets as there are on these forums and guys who obviously have alot of experience and many of them never chime in, or will but give barely any info... Kinda sad.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get suprised some times... With as many fast jets as there are on these forums and guys who obviously have alot of experience and many of them never chime in, or will but give barely any info... Kinda sad.

yeah i totally agree.:|erri have read were cyclone wanted another 9 vane bowl.

hell im wondering with the power he,cs19,mike,and a few others why they dont have 11 vane?or do they?

guess ill never find out,lol!!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
yeah i totally agree.:|erri have read were cyclone wanted another 9 vane bowl.

hell im wondering with the power he,cs19,mike,and a few others why they dont have 11 vane?or do they?

guess ill never find out,lol!!
let me talk to billy , maybe we can do some swapping, he's got a 9vane on his now and has the hp for a 11 vane.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
let me talk to billy , maybe we can do some swapping, he's got a 9vane on his now and has the hp for a 11 vane.
Tom, I talked to Pops about this one time and he said that the 9 vane was a great bowl for what we are doing and the 11vane was for all out et , but that the 11vane wasnt any good for cruising the lake, not sure what it would do or act to make it that way but thats what he said. Maybe he'll chime in sometime.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
Tom, I talked to Pops about this one time and he said that the 9 vane was a great bowl for what we are doing and the 11vane was for all out et , but that the 11vane wasnt any good for cruising the lake, not sure what it would do or act to make it that way but thats what he said. Maybe he'll chime in sometime.
about to go to a uncut detailed hh;) that should keep the bowl filled nuff to cruise, plus trav and bill(trav's pops) haven't had any issues cruising with it. working a deal with tom @jbp for that jetaway/shaft;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the boat cruises fine and does just fine.i was just wondering if anyone thought it might be to much bowl(if there is such a thing) for the hp levels we have.i dont see anywhere in my ole mans future where he is going to build 1000plus hp.

the boat hooks so sweeet,it cant get any better.;)my dad has had v-drives and jets since the early 70s and never once in all the boats hes owned and worked on has 1 hooked so hard out of the hole he says.i say the same when i drive it.

imo the way it feels we could stand on it and shoot alot of nos to it and still not make it slip,maybe im wrong?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.