Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an open bow jet boat. When you put the diverted up to throw a rooster tail the boat porpoises really bad. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Dick

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe a droop may help? Or maybe adjust the ride plate, what is a good baseline setup for one of these boats. With people in the front it just about bucks them out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have 90 21' ultra open bow with a 502, droop, diverter, ride plate and is smooth as silk at 70, and with diverter full up it is still smooth

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I was thinking maybe a droop may help? Or maybe adjust the ride plate, what is a good baseline setup for one of these boats. With people in the front it just about bucks them out.
Have you tried more people AND sand bags? I know lowering the diverter was mentioned. I assume that's out of the question.

You could always flip the boat and bondo about a 3" hook into the bottom.
OK, now your are just getting creative:))THumbsUp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 90 21' ultra open bow with a 502, droop, diverter, ride plate and is smooth as silk at 70, and with diverter full up it is still smooth
what do you recommend as a good starting point on the rideplate? Mine is stock motor just some bolt on stuff.

Have you tried more people AND sand bags? I know lowering the diverter was mentioned. I assume that's out of the question.

OK, now your are just getting creative:))THumbsUp
it is driven with it down but I like the look at times and would like it to settle down a touch. Sandbags are definitely out.

·
One Fast Wacker
319 Posts
Lets see, form over function or function over form. If one wants to LOOK good while being passed by a "Stupid fishing boat", I guess one has their priorities. I always pick on the Ricky Roosters first.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
You know what they say, if it won't go, shoot the biggest rooster tail you can and make it LOOK fast.
gn, those roosts serve a specific top secret purpose. I could explain it to ya, but i'd have to kill ya.... :)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a rogers that did that also with 4 people in it and full tanks. I have droop and ride plate. it had a 5 degree wedge I took that out and put in a 2.5 wedge and shimmed ride plate down.then took some of the up travel out of diverter and its is way better and still got a big roost. I am by far not an expert at setting up boats!!!!! I did alot of reading on here and some phone calls. I do know this for sure every time I do something to my boat it emptys my pockets.

Attachments

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I added Duane's (from HTP) bolt on ride plate/shoe. Set it to 3 up from keel. Rides better and able to put diverter all the way up without porpoise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts