Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this link.
In houston one of the local news stations did an investgation on gas deliveries to local gas stations.They found documents showing that when the drivers had filled up the regular bulk tanks and they had leftover gas they just pumped the 87 octane into the 93 octane tanks,as much as 1000 gallons of it went into the premium tank.
I know some will want to get on here and say i've never had a problem and ya me too but if you set your motor up for 93 and your getting alot less it could be fatal,especially with boosted motors.Adding 1000 gallons of 87 to however much is in the 93 octane tank could dilute it down a long ways depending how much 93 is in the tank,then one company shows doing it twice @ the same station.check it out.The link is shortened but you'll get the picture,this :|err me off.

http://www.khou.com/home/Area-gas-stations-may-not-be-pumping-what-you-paid-for-70199127.html

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
that's why i'm doin meth injection too mike, you can't trust that the 93 you paid for is actually 93. round here you can't even find a station that doesn't have 10% ethanol:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts