Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my buddy has a 94 malibu with GM 350, and i think has a mercury v-drive, the stupid thing spins in and out all the time like the gears are done, anyone know what kind of problem this is? how to fix? rough estimate on how mush $$ it will cost????

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
repost...just tryin to get some answers here

this boat is for skiing and my budy cant even get anyone out of the water with it:):)punch

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Is it a V drive, or direct drive? Either way, I'd bet it has a B/W 72c for a trans. These transmissions can and do fail over time. Does it feel as if the trans is slipping? If so, it's time for a rebuild. I had mine rebuilt last year, with all new plates ect...

Darrell.

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it a V drive, or direct drive? Either way, I'd bet it has a B/W 72c for a trans. These transmissions can and do fail over time. Does it feel as if the trans is slipping? If so, it's time for a rebuild. I had mine rebuilt last year, with all new plates ect...

Darrell.
yes, it feels like it catches and slips out...can any tranny shop rebuild these?
thanks-phil

·
New here
4,219 Posts
yes, it feels like it catches and slips out...can any tranny shop rebuild these?
thanks-phil
I believe they have clutch plates and steels like an automatic trans.

I am sure there is a place or two that would offer an exchange dealio. They send you a rebuilt unit and you send yours back to them as a core. Popular units, so there has to be places that freshen this stuff up.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Wow. Now I am questioning whether I should have tried to help or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts