Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
99 DODGE durango..do you rotate tires front to back same side or or SWITCH SIDES

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
front to back radials blow the belts when you cross sides read any owners manual
Mouzer I am retracting this I checked and they now suggest crossing them...Sorry

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
front to back radials blow the belts when you cross sides read any owners manual

Not in 30 years. A rule of thumb is cross the drive tires. So in a rear-wheel drive the lt ft becomes lt rr. Rt ft is rt rr. Lt rr is rt ft and rt rr is now lt ft. If you have a directional tire it just goes ft to back.

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
so do i cross them:bangmyhead::confused:;)

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thankyou

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
From the manual of a 98:
What he said. Of note, that is exactly the same picture it has been since the 60's.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I followed the manual once & crossed them over, 2 months later had plies seperating. Have only rotated front to back since then and never had any issues

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I followed the manual once & crossed them over, 2 months later had plies seperating. Have only rotated front to back since then and never had any issues
Same exact scenario as you, twice. Front to rear only for me. I have directional wheels anyway. As long as I remember to rotate I get decent mileage out of them. I know they say cross em but I've not had good experience with it. Problems every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts