Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hustler- thanks for bringing the taj majal and getting there so early. wouldve really sucked to stay in a motel this weekend and not have the pool party.

JET4Fun- iron man no sleep guy. thanks for coming straight from work with zero sleep to help out.

HBChet- what can i say? never a dull moment and always a good time racing with you. thanks for the help again.

Bruleracer- after 3 years we finally got to go racing again. thanks for everything! Good story! Blech!

things i learned this weekend:

1. the new njba lights are fantastic. we cut 0 lights all day long during eliminations.
2. racing in 115 degree heat is hard.
3. apparently firing up your truck, driving it out of your pit with the generator and battery charger dragging behind it on the ground, and then running over your own cooler is how you get the boat ready to run the number in 4400 ft of air. Nice work CS!
4. any pool is a good pool when its track side.
5. Dont take hammer's pit spot.
6. The self ejecting nozzle insert isn't all its cracked up to be.
7. racing with no nozzle insert= severe tire shake at the starting line
8. Widowmaker owns the 9.50 class.
9. Jerry is still the man.
10. Mark is the man in any bracket.
11. Its hard to get pizza delivered to the race track and even harder to buy it in downtown bako at 11pm.
12. Rauscher owns the new tree. How about that .000 reaction time. BnaG!
13. The 509 crew can party.
14. Blue Wonder apparently can too.
15. there's more but i'm tired. later.

congrats to the winners. lets go to the river now.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Great job on the lights yesterday Mike. You did your job every round.

I still think we need to get some one to spray the nitrous into the scoop during the run. I think next race outside of building a bigger and better pool is going to be to find a midget to take care the nitrous duties:D

Great story..............blaahhh

·
Social
1,250 Posts
hustler- thanks for bringing the taj majal and getting there so early. wouldve really sucked to stay in a motel this weekend and not have the pool party.

JET4Fun- iron man no sleep guy. thanks for coming straight from work with zero sleep to help out.

HBChet- what can i say? never a dull moment and always a good time racing with you. thanks for the help again.

Bruleracer- after 3 years we finally got to go racing again. thanks for everything! Good story! Blech!

1. the new njba lights are fantastic. we cut 0 lights all day long during eliminations.
3. apparently firing up your truck, driving it out of your pit with the generator and battery charger dragging behind it on the ground, and then running over your own cooler is how you get the boat ready to run the number in 4400 ft of air. Nice work CS!
11. Its hard to get pizza delivered to the race track and even harder to buy it in downtown bako at 11pm.

Oh my gosh, I am LMAO :D:D

Great Pool you guys had out there.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Self ejecting ride plates...self ejecting nozzle inserts.....whats next mike???;):D
after stacking that wedge under the carb we contemplated adding blower restraints to the intake manifold just in case the carb wanted to go swimming too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
no worries, you can sleep when youre dead. had a great time as usual. thanks for havin me. you did a good job. boat was just a little pissy. we'll get a handle on it

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
I have a question. How do you convince 15 people to come out to Bakersfield in 110 degree heat and work on your boat? 999 and 509 had a full on pit crew last weekend.

I had my girlfriend and my dog to help me :)st

·
Registered
3,739 Posts

16. Co2 bottles work great for jets in the new pool.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I have a question. How do you convince 15 people to come out to Bakersfield in 110 degree heat and work on your boat? 999 and 509 had a full on pit crew last weekend.

seriously, I got to get whatever he's given out....

I will say thanks to everyone in the 999 pit for the help throughout the weekend.

The boat ran awesome the new lights are bitchin. I feel for cyclone on the self ejecting nozzle inserts. I lost one too. Thanks to 76miller for driving the truck on sat.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

koolaid.

without it, kjel and a few others might never had made it to the water.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
16. Co2 bottles work great for jets in the new pool.
need a bigger bottle next time. knocking the regulator open before eliminations just so we could have bubbles in the pool probably wasn't the smartest thing you've ever done. It was damn sure the funniest thing i saw all day though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
What a weekend

First off Good Job Cyclone for cutting good lights all day Sunday. The weather sucked, we weren't able to chase down all the demons, but the weekend was certainly worth it.

Thanks to Hustler for bringing your rig out. That thing is trick and was certainly nice to have right in the pit. With the Rio Bravo gone, the only way to go is staying in the pits. Well worth it on many fronts and thanks again.

Also thanks to Steve B., Robert, CS, Jack, Hicks, Bandy, and anyone else who helped out.

I have to say that Hustlers Custom Pools & Used Power Tools certainly made a difference in dealing with the heat.

Sunday really had some good passes even though we had a small turnout. Congrats to the 509 team with the perfect light. Also congrats to Kjell for cutting a .006 light as well. That boat is dialed for the 9.5's...

Looking forward to the next race, especially with such a great pit location.

Blahhh

HB

1 - 20 of 33 Posts