Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious which meter setup are you guys running or recommend? I'm looking for a hand held type for tuning. Will be using it on my blown gas bbc.
Thanks

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
aem wideband is the best buy for the $$$, lil more than 200 bucks, awesome o2 sensor that self calibrates instead of having to calibrate the gauge like a innovate does. plus you can pick up a replacement o2 for the aem at any parts store for less than 90bucks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you are in so-cal you can borrow mine. I'm not inclined to leave it with you but am willing to stop by and give you a hand. If not, I can tell you this, I have the innovate LM2, it works, but it is a bit difficult to use for some reason (it's not very user friendly) and is one of the pricier units. I have the piece that goes in the exhaust pipe or end of the collector for vehicles (or my boat) that dont have a sensor bung, but the unit works better with a dedicated mounting point for the sensor. When I use the adapter I get lean readings at idle and low rpms, I think unless your moving a lot of exhaust thru the system air gets in the adapter, IMO.
Greg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys..I'll read up on that article, ill also need a set of headers to weld a bung into i have brand new set of rewarder but I don't want to run em dry for that long. I'm in Northern CA but thanks for the offer on the help..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts