Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any 19 ft. gullwings out there that drag race with njba? So far I've only seen 18 footers.
Also, anyone have a 19 ft GW running triple digits with full interior?

Just wandering.
Thanks in advance guys!

Nate

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Alright guys thank you!
NOW, how much HP to get it up to triple digits?
around 800 imo.we are running 700hp and run right at 91.im sure there is alittle left do to some tuning factors.

we are hooking up 150 shot so that should get us close to triple.

1979 jbn 19 foot tx-19

i have heard of boats with 700hp running 100mph but im afraid its all a bunch of BULLSHIT:)handin a 19 foot gullwing.

also there is a fully interiored 19 gullwing that runs 115mph plus.i have seen 118 time slip before.

900hp mill 375 shot nos.

chop helms.911 boat

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
around 800 imo.we are running 700hp and run right at 91.im sure there is alittle left do to some tuning factors.

we are hooking up 150 shot so that should get us close to triple.

1979 jbn 19 foot tx-19

i have heard of boats with 700hp running 100mph but im afraid its all a bunch of BULLSHIT:)handin a 19 foot gullwing.
also there is a fully interiored 19 gullwing that runs 115mph plus.i have seen 118 time slip before.

900hp mill 375 shot nos.

chop helms.911 boat

i think you're right, those 19's doin over 100 with 700hp are featherwieghts or really stripped down imo.

·
on 3 go.....
649 Posts
No NJBA, river only. 1200hp gets our 19' with full interior to run 115 consistantly (in good water). 118 has been our fastest gps reading. Boat rides very stable at speed.

Our boat was layed up heavy with only river racing in mind. Next build will be lighter...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
i think you're right, those 19's doin over 100 with 700hp are featherwieghts or really stripped down imo.

well tom i just cant get into believing that they are doing 100mph with 700-750hp.

you can only get so light.if they have done it and can prove it.please enlighten me:)bulb

scotts 18 gullwing that weighted 550lbs he built a few years ago and sold run 98-100 on the mark with 865hp blown 540 he had in it.

im sure there was more maybe,but that was his lake boat with full interior 2 10 gallon tanks and lake rigged.

the 19s are just imo alot bigger.better lake boats and can be made to run 100mph but it takes some hp to do it.;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
No NJBA, river only. 1200hp gets our 19' with full interior to run 115 consistantly (in good water). 118 has been our fastest gps reading. Boat rides very stable at speed.

Our boat was layed up heavy with only river racing in mind. Next build will be lighter...
what size mill and how much juice are you spraying?nice boat btw:)hand

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
well tom i just cant get into believing that they are doing 100mph with 700-750hp.

you can only get so light.if they have done it and can prove it.please enlighten me:)bulb

scotts 18 gullwing that weighted 550lbs he built a few years ago and sold run 98-100 on the mark with 865hp blown 540 he had in it.

im sure there was more maybe,but that was his lake boat with full interior 2 10 gallon tanks and lake rigged.

the 19s are just imo alot bigger.better lake boats and can be made to run 100mph but it takes some hp to do it.;)
mine had 2 16gallon tanks:)sphss that pic of me racing the capsuled stv, i had full tanks racing him:)st always had the intention of just racing on motor with my lh tank when i got to broken bow just for fun, but i always ended up on the bottle and pulling for it from the lh, and motoring on the rh tank

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
mine had 2 16gallon tanks:)sphss that pic of me racing the capsuled stv, i had full tanks racing him:)st always had the intention of just racing on motor with my lh tank when i got to broken bow just for fun, but i always ended up on the bottle and pulling for it from the lh, and motoring on the rh tank
well tom i was just using 2 tanks as a reference alot only 1 t-tank or just 1 tank period.there is alot of weight to be had with close to 2 tanks full.

i know with dads tx-19 with 1 tank full and the other 1/2 or so it will cost it 3-4 mph;)plus e.t. time

·
B1 Racing
6,261 Posts
19 cp

I have a friend who used to run his 800 Hp deal with full interior and carpet in the 9.50 bracket (thats pretty friggin quick for you river guys), he could run well under the 9.50 mark in good air.

19's will blow over alot easier than 18.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I have a friend who used to run his 800 Hp deal with full interior and carpet in the 9.50 bracket (thats pretty friggin quick for you river guys), he could run well under the 9.50 mark in good air.

19's will blow over alot easier than 18.
I raced this guy at the NJBA.He is a great racer.He still runs around Lost Lake area.You can pair up with him and find out the hard way who this guy is.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.