Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a straight snoot? Or bowl extender, or whatever. I have seen them on a few boats, but can't find them any where.
The droop gives me a ton of porpose and it runs a lot better without it.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
HTP has a stright droop and Place Deverter has a short droop with a 1/2" drop! Hope this helps! WT:)devil

Coby

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thought so........ i saw your vid on youtube... I just put a droop on my 77Bahner and was told by the guy i bought it from that it was a mistake and that it would porpose. He used to race it roundy round.....

I dont have a way of testing it , still looking to build or buy a engine.. I almost bought one of those HTP extentions but the price diff stopped me.......i wish i had just done it..

By the way , nice Bahner......

2sav

·
Registered
598 Posts
i bought a 6 1/4" bowl extender several years ago and never mounted it. still looks like new. paid $230 for it and would like to get my money back or trade for anything jet boat related.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want that extender go for it 2Sav. I am really just doing some research. The boat is ultimately getting a set back and ride plate/shoe and probably a rounded keel and smoothed hook (not sure if there is a hook). I know a guy who did this to an '83 and the boat will out run me no problem. It rides way back on the ride plate and looks good. I need to drive it; I am cuirous how stable it feels.

I ran the droop with a 2 and then a 4 degree wedge and around 70 I got a bad porpose that I could not trim out of. I turned a very scary 80 with the 4 degree set up (see my big thanks to TRG Fiberglass) and a very agressive loader. I am now running no droop with a 4 degree wedge, coupled with a more mild loader. I still get a porpose, but no where near as bad. I can also trim out of it. I am now running consistent mid 70's and I feel a lot more comfortable at WOT.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts