Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
What about people that are forced to eat high fat, fried food because they are on food stamps and then get diabetes? They shouldn't have to pay for care. Wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about people that are forced to eat high fat, fried food because they are on food stamps and then get diabetes? They shouldn't have to pay for care. Wasn't their fault.

"Welcome to Costco....I love you."

·
Registered
164 Posts
Total bull shit, about Canadian care.
Dental care in Canada is 100% private, exactly the same as in the US.... and I can assure you, there's more than enough rich dentists where I live that you will be seen and taken care of very quickly.
As for the example of the lady who went to WA. State for care..... why didn't they name what her condition was???
As for the multiple births that went to Montana ----- I remember this one --- they didn't say who paid for this hospital stay or the trip....... and I know the parents did not pay ONE PENNY...... can you guess who did. Give me a freaking break.... do you think a multiple birth delivery would be turned away and the couple left on their own.
Natasha Richardson --- very sad story, but I'm sorry, a helicopter would not have saved her life. She fell and bumped her head at a big resort north of Montreal.... she turned down medical care because she though she was fine. An hour later, in her hotel room, she became unresponsive and couldn't be saved.
I am definitely not saying Canadian health care is perfect ..... but what a sensationalistic piece of shit that news story was.
On a related note ........ why are so many Americans (and others from around the world) coming to Canada for eye care and eye surgery???

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
A very good man "Walter" in my church, a native of Canada, lives in Canada just over 6 months a year but always comes here for his health care. In his words, he has no other choice.

My question is this:
How on earth does John Stossel still have a job with ABC speaking against the messianic Kenyan like this?

·
Registered
551 Posts
A very good man "Walter" in my church, a native of Canada, lives in Canada just over 6 months a year but always comes here for his health care. In his words, he has no other choice.

My question is this:
How on earth does John Stossel still have a job with ABC speaking against the messianic Kenyan like this?
He's working for the Fox network now and Fox's business network too. Happen yesterday.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dental care in Canada is 100% private, exactly the same as in the US.... and I can assure you, there's more than enough rich dentists where I live that you will be seen and taken care of very quickly.
As for the example of the lady who went to WA. State for care..... why didn't they name what her condition was???
As for the multiple births that went to Montana ----- I remember this one --- they didn't say who paid for this hospital stay or the trip....... and I know the parents did not pay ONE PENNY...... can you guess who did. Give me a freaking break.... do you think a multiple birth delivery would be turned away and the couple left on their own.
Natasha Richardson --- very sad story, but I'm sorry, a helicopter would not have saved her life. She fell and bumped her head at a big resort north of Montreal.... she turned down medical care because she though she was fine. An hour later, in her hotel room, she became unresponsive and couldn't be saved.
I am definitely not saying Canadian health care is perfect ..... but what a sensationalistic piece of shit that news story was.
On a related note ........ why are so many Americans (and others from around the world) coming to Canada for eye care and eye surgery???

Interesting. I hear two sides from you Canadians all the time on this. It seems you guy's are 50/50 on your heath care issues. You are the first one in a while that was is so definitively positive about it.

My wife got here lasik done in Newport Beach CA.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You are the first one in a while that was is so definitively positive about it.
Now don't go putting words in my mouth:D.
There are definitely improvements that could be made....... but the news bites and hatchet jobs (like Stossel's) are not true.
For the past 20 yrs. Canada has ranked between #2 and #5 on this UN list. If our health care was so shitty.... how would this be possible???
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/un-picks-best-and-wo-1122/

·
Prices May Vary...
202 Posts
I believe they were talking about England's Dental System, please pay attention if you are going to call B.S.

U

·
0 Posts
Thanks for providing another view from inside the Canadian system .

As I recall the Canadian Health Care system is rated above the US which is #37

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now don't go putting words in my mouth:D.
There are definitely improvements that could be made....... but the news bites and hatchet jobs (like Stossel's) are not true.
For the past 20 yrs. Canada has ranked between #2 and #5 on this UN list. If our health care was so shitty.... how would this be possible???
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/un-picks-best-and-wo-1122/

You're quoting the UN? :)sphss That's no way to convince an American of anything.:D

the dentist bit was in the UK.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe they were talking about England's Dental System, please pay attention if you are going to call B.S.
Stossle (sp) is specifically talking about (1) Canada and (2) Britain.
When he's talking about 'wait times' he uses the term "those countries" and then goes on to use Britain's dental wait example.
I'd say you should listen closer next time.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got a great partial fix for health care. Any drug patented and developed here in the US gets a 10% export tax when sold out side the country. This should create a huge tax base to supplement health care here in the US.

We should be focusing on how to tweak our system to help the minority who don't have coverage. Not sh!t canning a system that works for most to help a few.

·
Prices May Vary...
202 Posts
Stossle (sp) is specifically talking about (1) Canada and (2) Britain.
When he's talking about 'wait times' he uses the term "those countries" and then goes on to use Britain's dental wait example.
I'd say you should listen closer next time.
I heard it just fine, and was able to understand that he was talking about Britain's dental care, not Canada's.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
There is enough waste, fraud and lawsuit abuse in the current system to reduce cost and help the truly needy. Next time you are at the Dr ask him what he pays just in malpractice insurance.:)sphss

Our government's approach to any problem is to always add layers of more crap rather make it efficient and that's exactly why BO care will fail.

Saying BO care will create efficiency and drive down cost is like saying the US Post Service keeps Fed Ex and UPS on their toes. hil:)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is enough waste, fraud and lawsuit abuse in the current system to reduce cost and help the truly needy. Next time you are at the Dr ask him what he pays just in malpractice insurance.:)sphss

Our government's approach to any problem is to always add layers of more crap rather make it efficient and that's exactly why BO care will fail.

Saying BO care will create efficiency and drive down cost is like saying the US Post Service keeps Fed Ex and UPS on their toes. hil:)

Exactly. If they government can mandate that hospitals cannot deny care then why can''t they make law and amend the changes that need to be made. Tort reform, interstate insurance, mandatory minimum coverage and not allowing insurance Co's to drop people as long as they pay for coverage. Start there and see what works.

Why throw the baby out with the bath water? Did we all forget it's the government's job to protect us, not provide or take care of us.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
You're quoting the UN? :)sphss That's no way to convince an American of anything.:D
No doubt about that!

So where is the rest of the proof that Canada is so good? Seems I hear the other way around most of the time. I guess you do have cheaper pharmaceuticals. ;)

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Interesting point of view to go along with Canada and its health care.
One other point that should be noted, all of those nations that have universal health care sacrifice other areas that receive little or no attention. For example, Canadian [sic] could not fight off the invasion of a blind army because it has woefully underfunded its national defense, relying instead upon the good old United States for its national defense. Its medical care system would change very rapidly but for that fact.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2007/07/canadian-health-care-at-expense-of.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts