Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean beaches and campgrounds. We will be at Buckskin Mountain State Park the 10th thru the 12th. Has anyone stayed there before? Good beach, etc? TIA
jangles

BTW, I'll race anyone that comes by for a dollar and that includes drag, top end or swimming across the river and back. Course if I have a heart attack you have to call 911. :D

·
punk ass kid
524 Posts
I have stayed there and the grounds are nice, a and the beach after the turn, left and right of the launch ramp, is real nice. I had my flat there for a long weekend and the only thing I would do differently is not anchor on that side that I mentioned. W/ the gas dock and store right there people allways throttle down and send HUGE rollers! Thank god for splash gaurds and bilge pumps. Have a great time!!! :D:D

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you keep your boat anchored over night or pulled up on the beach? I never have figured it out if it's legal or not. TIA
jangles

·
punk ass kid
524 Posts
Can you keep your boat anchored over night or pulled up on the beach? I never have figured it out if it's legal or not. TIA
jangles
Yeah no problem at all!! I left my flat in for 3 days, trailer only got wet 2x. I would anchor and hook a line off your ski-tow and run it to shore rather than pulled up on the beach. Youll wake up and find your boat DRY!!!

This picture is first thing in the morning

little blury but ya get the idea

Attachments

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no problem at all!! I left my flat in for 3 days, trailer only got wet 2x. I would anchor and hook a line off your ski-tow and run it to shore rather than pulled up on the beach. Youll wake up and find your boat DRY!!!

This picture is first thing in the morning

little blury but ya get the idea

What kind of anchor do you use on the river and what is that on the other side?

·
punk ass kid
524 Posts
I have always used a good ol "danforth" w/ a ton of chain attached to it. What you see to the left of the boat is my anchor bouy/marker, its on another rope that lets it float down river and not smack the boat all day long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
State Parks Closing

Arizona has not come up with a budget yet and a lot of state parks will be closed untill they do---I heard that Buckskin will be closed this 4th of july weekend check first before you go.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arizona has not come up with a budget yet and a lot of state parks will be closed untill they do---I heard that Buckskin will be closed this 4th of july weekend check first before you go.
Well in that case, any motels close by? I'll just use their beach....:)hand

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
FLAGRANT FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!!!

no mention of strippers anywhere in this thread!!!!!!!:mad:
Alright already.

There once was a stripper from Parker,
she sat in my lap til it was dark,
she reached for my shcnizzle
and behold it did tizzle
now I'm stuck with a stripper from Parker.:)hand

·
Registered
183 Posts
open

they only closed for like 6 hours then told to reopen buckskin river island open this weekend

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
I was just there last week, you can anchor your boat a little up river from the gas docks a few 100 yards and not get the gas dock wake so much, however the river was busy and you get a lot of wake anyway. We used a box anchor and it held the whole weekend. You can reserve a few of the sites. 2, 3 & 4 have some shade, 3 is great if you have a few vehicles as its twice as long as any other site.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just there last week, you can anchor your boat a little up river from the gas docks a few 100 yards and not get the gas dock wake so much, however the river was busy and you get a lot of wake anyway. We used a box anchor and it held the whole weekend. You can reserve a few of the sites. 2, 3 & 4 have some shade, 3 is great if you have a few vehicles as its twice as long as any other site.
I just have the one truck and my boat. I'm going to try getting storage so I can keep the skis over there somewhere and just pull the boat. That'll keep everybody happy. (I think):)hand

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I just have the one truck and my boat. I'm going to try getting storage so I can keep the skis over there somewhere and just pull the boat. That'll keep everybody happy. (I think):)hand
I don't post alot of crap.....But your going to get some now......You ask in every thread what kind of boat do I want......Flat, jet. tunnel , runner bottom......You say your going to Texas to pick up a boat. You are getting old........If you want a boat to use around the Phx. area buy a Day cruiser prop or jet go 60 mph and be happy. If you would like to go fast and have the money to do so PM me and I'll be glad to help you out....
:|err

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
FLAGRANT FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!!!

no mention of strippers anywhere in this thread!!!!!!!:mad:
Here here, I second the notion. Maybe say Parkeranians, Parkerans, parks peeps, parkinson:D but Strippers??? What a buzz kill.:D

:D jus saying

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did go to Texas and I didn't like the boat. I never asked what kind of boat do I want(at least I don't thinkl) only opinions about different boats and while I did get a few people that actually had half a brain respond with some knoledge most of you just shined it on.
I have a boat that does well over 100 but I wanted a car motor boat of some kind. I guess I'll stick with my Mirage tunnel . Thanks for your kind words.:D

I don't post alot of crap.....But your going to get some now......You ask in every thread what kind of boat do I want......Flat, jet. tunnel , runner bottom......You say your going to Texas to pick up a boat. You are getting old........If you want a boat to use around the Phx. area buy a Day cruiser prop or jet go 60 mph and be happy. If you would like to go fast and have the money to do so PM me and I'll be glad to help you out....
:|err

1 - 18 of 18 Posts