Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend not to post any of this since you guys are on top of it but I heard this morning on the local channel here that their was a single boat accident. I believe they said it was a 29' fountain that lost control around the sand bar area and hit the California shore. I believe 4 or 5 people where involved but said to be okay and where released from the hospital. They also said excess speed was a factor. Anyone else have any information? Sounds like they were very lucky!!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
seems like losing a PS belt would just make it more difficult - not impossible to steer. Not sure since I have no experience with DCB's and how they handle. Now a drive coming loose/off makes sense for a sudden hard turn....

Glad to hear no real serious injuries. Nonetheless, prayers for speedy and complete recovery.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a 29 foot DCB doing about 80 mph in front of sandbar. Driver says the power steering belt came off causing the boat to make a hard right turn ripping the steering wheel out of his hands. Driver was ejected but only had minor bumps and bruises. 3 Passengers, 1 broken leg, 1 with a concussion, and the other with a minor back injury. Here is my question can loosing the power steering belt cause this? Or is it more likely that he snapped the drive.
Well I'm not sure!!! I would venture to say no!!! I just can't see it ripping the wheel out of your hand just out of the blue. Maybe if it was rough conditions or he hit something..

LOL, man I wasn't even close. Guess I need to clean my ears out!! funny thing is, I wanted to put DCB but for some reason fountain was stuck in my head!! Glad they were okay!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Isn't thyat one of the primary reasons for external hyd steering, losing the belt? Did he have HD steering?

·
Registered
982 Posts
From Justsaynews.com
Four Injured In Friday Boat Crash LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - Just before 8pm Friday, deputies from the San Bernardino Sheriff's Colorado River Marine Enforcement Unit responded to a single vessel boat collision in the area of Blankenship Bend on the Colorado River, near the Sand Bar.
Deputies say the operator of a 2008 DCB (Dave’s Custom Boats) F29 power boat was traveling southbound on the Colorado River at a high rate of speed when James Davidson (the driver) lost control of the boat, causing it to turn sharpley to the right and collide with the shore on the California side. Davidson was thrown from the vessel, while three passengers sustained minor injuries. Davidson and everyone on board were taken to Havasu Regional Medical Center, where they were treated and released. Deputies say it is unknown at this time if alcohol was a factor and the cause of the collision is still being investigated.
The Mohave County Sheriff's Office and the Lake Havasu City Police Department assisted in the incident.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.