·
Registered
136 Posts
Accident involving wake boarder, boater in Discovery Bay injures two people
By Theresa Harrington
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 06/13/2010 05:55:12 PM PDT
Updated: 06/13/2010 07:24:22 PM PDT

DISCOVERY BAY — A boat struck a wake boarder in the Delta on Sunday, causing two people to be airlifted to a local trauma center, a marine patrol sergeant said.

A man was wakeboarding on Old River near Highway 4, when he was struck by a vessel driven by a woman, said Sgt. Doug Powell of the Contra Costa marine patrol.

Three fire engines, two ambulances and two helicopters responded to the call at 4:57 p.m. near the Indian Slough area of the Delta on the outskirts of Discovery Bay, said Jake Gonzalez, East Contra Costa fire battalion chief. Private boats transported the man and woman with major to moderate injuries to the Discovery Bay Marina, he said.

The victims, whose names Gonzalez and Powell did not know, were transported to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. Ealy Sunday evening, Powell said he was still waiting to hear the extent of the injuries from hospital officials.

·
Certified Wildman
27 Posts
That was my boat...

And the report is wrong, the wake boarder crossed over the wake without looking, hit us in mid air breaking off the steering wheel and hitting my daughter who was driving and never saw what hit her. She is in ICU with a broken neck, brain injuries amongst other things yet to be uncovered as she has yet to regain consciousness. Please say a prayer for my daughter Julie and the wake boarder who has a broken jaw and facial injuries but will be ok. Thank you... Larry

·
Senior Ok PB Member
545 Posts
She is in ICU with a broken neck, brain injuries amongst other things yet to be uncovered as she has yet to regain consciousness. Please say a prayer for my daughter Julie and the wake boarder who has a broken jaw and facial injuries but will be ok. Thank you... Larry
We wish you and your family the best, and your family will most definately be in our prayers for a full recovery.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
And the report is wrong, the wake boarder crossed over the wake without looking, hit us in mid air breaking off the steering wheel and hitting my daughter who was driving and never saw what hit her. She is in ICU with a broken neck, brain injuries amongst other things yet to be uncovered as she has yet to regain consciousness. Please say a prayer for my daughter Julie and the wake boarder who has a broken jaw and facial injuries but will be ok. Thank you... Larry
Our hearts and prayers go out to your daughter. Phil & Vera

·
Registered
176 Posts
hi larry

larry,
this is mark with the warlock. you brought the gas out to us yesterday. wow.....i am so sorry to hear that your daughter was inured and my prayers go out to her and the guy on the wake board! this thing has been on my mind sense miah had told me about it yesterday! you and your daughter are super nice people and i cant thank you enough for bailing us out yesterday. it was very appreciated! both you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers!
mark

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Will keep your family in our prayers for a fast and complete recovery!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
i come over here now and then to read about your guys trips etc. at this time i am sorry to read of this accident and i pray for your daughter to have a full recovery and i will send one upstairs for her and your family...

·
Certified Wildman
27 Posts
**update**

My daughter has been moved out of the ICU, resting at home and will be ok in 6 to 8 weeks. My concern and request now is for everyone who said a prayer for Julie to now please direct 100% of them towards the wake boarder. He needs support and the miracle of prayer right now more than ever, and hopefully they will see it's working very, very soon. And if anyone knows a way to contact his family, will you PLEASE let them know that myself, family and people in 37 states and 7 different countries are continuing to pray for him and his family. My daughter is not going to die, so my prayers have been answered for sure, so please have everyone you can pass a few more prayers to them. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, you are all a great bunch of people who make the power of prayer work. It still blows me away that after all these people we don't know, and some we do have said prayers for us, it doesn't stop there and someone is actually seeing those prayers through.... and we all know who that is ~

And thanks Mark... it was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad I could help you out... Larry

·
Registered
176 Posts
My daughter has been moved out of the ICU, resting at home and will be ok in 6 to 8 weeks. My concern and request now is for everyone who said a prayer for Julie to now please direct 100% of them towards the wake boarder. He needs support and the miracle of prayer right now more than ever, and hopefully they will see it's working very, very soon. And if anyone knows a way to contact his family, will you PLEASE let them know that myself, family and people in 37 states and 7 different countries are continuing to pray for him and his family. My daughter is not going to die, so my prayers have been answered for sure, so please have everyone you can pass a few more prayers to them. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, you are all a great bunch of people who make the power of prayer work. It still blows me away that after all these people we don't know, and some we do have said prayers for us, it doesn't stop there and someone is actually seeing those prayers through.... and we all know who that is ~

And thanks Mark... it was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad I could help you out... Larry
thanks larry,
that is fantastic news to hear that julie is going to be ok. i hope the guy on the wakeboard will fair as well! i have been watching this pretty closely. meeting you and your daughter right before this accident happen and loosing a friend on the delta years ago has made this whole thing a bit unsettling for me. so i have to say that it's a relief to see julies positive progress in these updates from you. the two of you are good people and i wish julie a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts