Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what happened? Seen this on Facebook but when I went back later to see comments it was gone. Hope whoever was in it is ok.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
i went on rdp couldnt find it......

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
That has more pics but someone knows what really happened or a news article?

There was a vid someone took and it really pissed off a bunch of people so it was pulled, pretty hush after that?

That was a beautiful Daytona, very similar to the very first one I ever saw and rode in...still have a fondness for that style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That has more pics but someone knows what really happened or a news article?

Go back a page from the one linked.

Happened Saturday evening just above sand bar#1 on the California side. 19 ft Daytona jet hit the sand bar at about 80, when the pump hit the sand bar it kicked the pickle into the sand forcing it to cart wheel. Two passengers in the boat, both were ejected and life flighted out, but last I heard both survived.
That's what I heard. Sounds like both are going to make it. It's a miracle that they survived, thank God. The hull separated, the motor ended up approx 30 feet from the boat. The woman passenger landed on dry sand. We weren't there, this is basically everything I heard and, unfortunately saw on the video that some heartless d-bag took.
There may be more if you read the posts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts