Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell when this thing is filled? I can see the sight glass in the front and it is completely covered in oil. I can't see the top of the oil until I raise the tongue of the boat approx 3ft in the air. That cant be correct, can it.

The box is in a 74 spectra20. The PO said he had it changed once, but also said a neighbor has the same setup and he never touched his. I know it's straight 90w and it doesn't break down too much, but would like to put fresh in for peace of mind.

The box is in the boat and isn't coming out until after the season is over and that's if it only has too. I pulled the upper plug to see if I could get a small hose in there to pump it out, measure what came out and put the same amount back in but no luck.

The sight glass doesn't make much sense if you can't see the top of the oil, unless the idiots who changed the oil last time switched the plug with the sight glass and put them in the wrong holes. Is the sight glass suppose to be in the top plug or the bottom plug?

I did pull the upper plug but no oil came out and got a finger in there and didn't feel any oil.

any info or leads would be appreciated

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks NP, I saw the second link but it didn't clear things up. I wanted to make sure of the correct level before I drain all the fluid. If it is suppose to be at the level of the sight glass, mine is way too full!

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Thanks NP, I saw the second link but it didn't clear things up. I wanted to make sure of the correct level before I drain all the fluid. If it is suppose to be at the level of the sight glass, mine is way too full!
Not the first one overfilled. :))THumbsUp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts