Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am at a point in my life where I might be making a decision to leave the country and feel that the quickest and easiest way for me to attain work would be through bartending..... which I have zero experience at.

Has anyone gone to bartending school?

Any bartenders on the boards??

Jordan, I mean professional......:D

Any advice would be great from people who have gone to different countries and worked in the resorts or local tourist spots.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Dang, what country? Why move plenty of bars and drunks here to serve. Unless the fed's are after you for back taxes to help bail out this country. Bar tenders have to be like a shrink to listen to every story that walks in. Good luck to ya.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Two Years Ago?

So I am at a point in my life where I might be making a decision to leave the country and feel that the quickest and easiest way for me to attain work would be through bartending..... which I have zero experience at.

Any advice would be great from people who have gone to different countries and worked in the resorts or local tourist spots.

I would have advised, a cruise ship but now since everything is in the tank. I guess it is throw a dart at the wall and see what happens.It is bad going to get much worse and the money available for cruises and eating out is just not here any more. I wish you the best,but think should just think before doing anything crazy.:)Unsure

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have advised, a cruise ship but now since everything is in the tank. I guess it is throw a dart at the wall and see what happens.It is bad going to get much worse and the money available for cruises and eating out is just not here any more. I wish you the best,but think should just think before doing anything crazy.:)Unsure
Costa Rica is top of my list. this will be pending a few major disasters I forsee. Work is implementing the "I.T" phase which phases sales right out!!! If that is the case, adios! I am the sales manager and have job security but the economy is going to get so bad that we all are gonna be broke soon. Not to mention my work will be taking away the customer personal touch from all of its sales reps so there goes my ability to make money. If I'm gonna be broke it sure as fukk ain't gonna be here. And 3rd, if Obama gets into office i'm out! Not a racist thing, just a dem thing....

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You want to leave your bike at my house?:)bulb
Yep it doesn't even have a payment book! All you have to do is have the money in your account every month. :D

I will finish all the work on it and sell it.... Think I can get 30k outta anybody right now?:)sphss

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Heck I lost my quarterly bonus last year. And yesturday they said everyone is taking a 5% cut in pay. Not like were 20k behind already. But, no one was layed off.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heck I lost my quarterly bonus last year. And yesturday they said everyone is taking a 5% cut in pay. Not like were 20k behind already. But, no one was layed off.

Luckily my job is safe, however the service I provide is in jepordy which will effect my ability to make money. I'm not saying I can't survive on a typical salary but I don't want to pedal my product with no support for a normal salary. I have too much pride..... 50k ain't what I want to make. I will go make 20k in paradise and bang lots of rich tourist women.:D

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
What You Have Going

Costa Rica is top of my list. this will be pending a few major disasters I forsee. Work is implementing the "I.T" phase which phases sales right out!!! If that is the case, adios! I am the sales manager and have job security but the economy is going to get so bad that we all are gonna be broke soon. Not to mention my work will be taking away the customer personal touch from all of its sales reps so there goes my ability to make money. If I'm gonna be broke it sure as fukk ain't gonna be here. And 3rd, if Obama gets into office i'm out! Not a racist thing, just a dem thing....

You are a YOUNG MAN think this out do listen to all the doom and gloom.I can promise you, if you wish to be in the service industry and keep a very happy,upbeat,positive attitude you will be fine,as people want to RELAX and forget about the shit in life., GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are a YOUNG MAN think this out do listen to all the doom and gloom.I can promise you, if you wish to be in the service industry and keep a very happy,upbeat,positive attitude you will be fine,as people want to RELAX and forget about the shit in life., GOOD LUCK
I'm still young enough to go for a couple of years and come back and get into what I do now. I have been doing this for 15 years now so I can walk right back into it at a high level.

I just want a change of pace until this pendulum is back in an apward swing. 2 years or so.....

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts

You're young enough to do anything. So if that's your dream, I wish you all the best. Sounds like a good time.

I had a freind out of high school that went to work for Club-Med, I heard he's in some tropical location enjoying the shit out of his life.:)devil:D

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
Huh? Feel like bringing any extra suitcases back from Costa Rica once in awhile?

We can give you a "Sales Manager" title if you like!

:)devil

1 - 20 of 92 Posts