Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a couple of pic's of my AFR 305's......just wonderin' if anyone knows about the vane
in the intake port, and why it is removed in their 315cnc head? I didn't remove it, all
I have done is square stuff up, and remove casting flash--I'm not made of money, and
didn't feel my application warranted the extra 10cc's and the $1000.00 that comes with
it:D for those that don't already know, these are going on a 509cid engine with a
Whipplecharger, and Bravo I drive, in a 25' cat......planned max rpm is about 56-5800
all I am worried about now is how long my drive is going to last:p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Its not gone in the 315. Its there, its just much less pronounced. Its there even in the 357 cnc'd head, just lower and shorter. As the port gets larger in volume, less and less of the vane remains. It takes up space. The manifold opening of the 305 thru the 335 is the same. So the extra volume didn't come from making the port bigger everywhere. Mostly the vane flattening and the pocket area.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Can't re-Member
1,990 Posts
Pretty shinny runners :D

Just curious, Does the theory of leaving the intake runners rough to promote atomization only apply in NA motors?

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the backlight and the flash kinda added to the bling factor- just 80grit roll,
then hit with a scotch brite flap! ( you don't think I should break out the compound
and the polishing wheel?;))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts