Performance Boats Forum banner

After market warranty companies

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jetboatperformance 
#1 ·
Has anybody had any dealings with an aftermarket warranty company for your vehicles. I bought a used truck that came with one and I am having issues with the truck and was wondering if the warranty companies are worth anything or not.

#5 ·
the warranty covers major stuff in the engine trans transfer case front and rear ends only internal stuff though. cam valves pistons rings etc. Im not entirely sure whats wrong yet but the trucks an 07 f 150 with the 5.4 triton and its squeeling out of the passenger valve cover pretty bad and the only thing I can think of is possibly a spun cam bearing because that's the only spinning part in the head. The warranty says it cover all the valve train and everything in the head the truck now has 120k miles and I have had the truck for a while and its been a good truck til this i called the warranty company and told them what was going on they told me to take it to any shop and once they diagnose it we will go from there. i was just wondering if i should start worrying bout trying to get money together or if these warranty companies are decent to work with

#6 ·
Traditionally (and as is part of the contract) Its required to first determine the exact cause and extent of damage to determine responsibility (theres or yours) after tear down to the point of failure the shop will brief the company and provide an estimate for repairs They ( the administrator ) may offer an opinion as to the cause (wear, material failure,workmanship, lack of maintenance etc) The company also may opt to send an qualified inspector to review the failed and damaged parts and offer his opinion in their effort to make a determination

#7 ·
The 'hook' that you're gonna encounter will be proof of maintenance per the extended warranty contract documents. Read then re-read all of the contract. There will be proof maintenance requirements and that will be their loophole. Contract required oil changes every XXX miles but you followed the manufacturers interval of YYY so they're out of liability.

I've worked for two many years ago and we did pay tens of thousands of repair bills but also denied tens of thousands as no proof of maintenance could be provided by the owner.

I had one owner that had receipts for oil and filter purchases but when I asked for a log showing dates and mileages of required changes, he said it was written on his garage wall. I asked him to send a picture.....he cut the drywall around his records and mailed in the drywall as proof.

CC

#8 · (Edited)
U.S. Fidelis was right in my back yard pretty much... The owners Darien and Corey Atkenson had their kids in the same private school as mine...

Darien is doing time now for numerous counts of fraud and I think that COrey avoided jail time...

Darien build a house on the lake I grew up on (my parents still live there)... He built a 50,000 square foot house on 18 lake front acres which ended up selling in a bank auction... Purchased by a real life Jerry McGuire PRO sports agent...

In Dariens former life he did time for counterfitting some kind of federal notes... :)eh:)

The Wentzville-based US Fidelis, formerly known as National Auto Warranty Services, collapsed in 2009 amid fraud accusations. Atkinson and his company co-founder and brother, Cory Atkinson, were accused of bleeding the firm of more than $100 million.

In July, a federal judge approved a bankruptcy settlement in which customers and creditors will split $26.5 million.

Officials said Fidelis used deceptive marketing to mislead customers into thinking they were talking to auto dealers or manufacturers and were getting a more comprehensive warranty than they were

Caveat Emptor.....

The SHACK durring construction... My (retired) dad is a trustee in the private subdivision and got to deal with the contractors/gas line crews/reviewing plans/etc...

Water Water resources Waterway Bank Watercourse

#11 ·
Yeeepppp... Many of the parents at my kids school were sooooo impressed with the free flowing cash of these brothers... AND how generous they were with donations to the school... Trips for the kids... etc...

All the while many other folks were hearing the grumblings of former employees AND bad press on the company...

THe former aren't so impressed anymore... ;)

#17 ·
The paper holds more value then the print on it. The only extended service warrantee worth anything would be one written by the manufacturer, then you must document and have all service done before it's due. Like said before fix the reason before you replace the cat. Not all cats are the same, most/all aftermarket cats will not keep the check engine light off for long.

#19 ·
The paper holds more value then the print on it. The only extended service warrantee worth anything would be one written by the manufacturer, then you must document and have all service done before it's due. Like said before fix the reason before you replace the cat. Not all cats are the same, most/all aftermarket cats will not keep the check engine light off for long.
Will respectfully disagree Gary, I have close business associations , some as long as 20 years with more than 30 solid insurers, underwriters and administrators not withstanding the "big three" and its really unfair to group them all together in a negative light Tom

#18 ·
since im gonna have to do all the work myself I have a buddy that works for the local dealership and hes goona help me out with his price on parts and me and him are just gonna do the work ourselves and hes just gonna charge me my time to help him and beverages of course lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.