Performance Boats Forum banner

Aggressor aluminum impeller HP

7K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  POPs@AggressorJets 
#1 ·
I would love to spend the money and buy a stainless. Not in the budget. I have been running 650 HP on an aluminum aftermarket aggressor impeller b-cut. Now i will be putting the N2O to here 225 shot. Is there anyone out there that has been running 850+ HP on an aluminum impeller. I now that when the boat unloads and loads again that's when the like to go Bang. :)bulb

#3 ·
I am in no way a pro at this im sure someone will chime in here in a few, but I hear that an aluminum should only be used up to 600Hp, I have seen one flex and crack with less that 500hp, unloading out at Elsinore on a sunny summer morning! spend the money now or later, your gonna spend the money, Buy used! im sure someone has what you want used! what about Mag Bronz? there is a less spendy resolve!

#5 ·
More i think about it i will install a stainless thanks for knocking some sense into me about this one the time and money put into the engine. Not worth losing the boat or getting heart doing it. I'm locking for a good A/T B cut stainless impeller preferably an aggressor if anyone has a good used one i would be very interested. I did install the heavy duty drive shaft on the pump when i rebuilt it just ran out of money for the stainless. Thanks

#6 ·
Save half your Stainless money and buy an Aggressor mag Bronze, same nearly unlimited power rating, just don't feed it rocks.

#12 ·
Do the American turbine stainless impeller's have the wear ring on the back of the impeller. Hope that's not confusing but the Berk's are flush and A/T have the lip to seal in the bowl. I found an stainless Berk for sale but would really like to keep the lip that seals in the bowl like my current impeller has any thoughts. Thanks and Happy Thanks giving

#17 ·
Machining the Lip!

I have been wondering what benefits or not to the stuffer vs. the inserted lip on AT stuff? I have an AT imp. and the domi bowl, should I remove the lip and add a stuffer? or just leave it? every little bit counts right??
Thanks!

#18 ·
I have been wondering what benefits or not to the stuffer vs. the inserted lip on AT stuff? I have an AT imp. and the domi bowl, should I remove the lip and add a stuffer? or just leave it? every little bit counts right??
Thanks!
It will charge quicker.... Also on a stuffer have it fit up into the back of the Impeller if you can... It cut's shaft sling down... .around .030 clearance is a good number.... As shafts have a .18 to .020 movement potential. The back ring was originally done by Dominator... and later after selling Dominator he put it on the AMT Impeller when he started it....

#22 ·
I'm not exactly sure what the limitations are for my Aggressor 'full' A aluminum imp but, I'm turning it at 5400 in my 21' Daytona. Being that I acquired my parts from Tom Papp I seem to recall him saying 550 hp was about the limit.

Since I'm starting to have concerns about the aluminum growing/flexing/cracking, I've been considering the Aggressor bronz/mag 'if' I find a good deal on one next season.

#24 ·
we're switching from a amt ss aa to a aggressor aaa mag in the big turbo motor, and i plan on buyin a aggressor ab for my lil turbo motor'd boat. you can't beat the bite of a aggressor outta the hole, i'm sure the hh is nice and bites as hard, but its double the price:)sphss i'm a guy that goes with what he knows works, and for the $$$$ a aggressor is the way to go. plus we have pops on hand to stand by em;)

no more than 600hp on the alum aggressors, i know for sho:)hand:)st i straightened the frt vanes out on a brand new aggressor alum a cut with 1200hp:D

#28 ·
aluminum impellers/HP

i have had decent luck with aluminum impellers,but i don't have crazy hp;)

i bought a brand new aggressor 4 years ago and on the second outing i broke 2 blades and ruined a bowl:|err.i had maybe 400hp at that time.imo it was all b/c i was acting crazy and unloading and loading my pump b/c of the rough water i was playing in.:)bulb

after that i ran a b-cut amt for a few years.never any problems but i learned how to use my boat better.2 years ago i got a hell of a deal on a B cut aggressor aluminum(new) and i put it in my boat.have ran i would say 475-500 and 150-200 shot on that few the past few years and ran it hard,but never unloading the pump when playing(or atleast tried to keep from it).upon inspection it is holding up fine.

if i had more hp than what i do,i would not run aluminum anymore.it has its limits and can ruin alot of shit if it decides to go into shrapnel.

some guys have gotten away with it,if your luck is like mine stay away,best of luck,Travis:)

#35 ·
If you stay close to the way your product is working you learn and see things, then you try to figure out what is going on... Maybe you learn more....

Case: I was given the Mag. Impeller from the Crazy's out of Oklahoma

This Impeller has massive color distortion (Heat a Given... Underload) Yet this monster ass motor did something we have seen before to the front... No tears up front or anything just reform of configuration...

In the rear... it is trying to reshape the entire exit port (Thrust Point) in a way we have never seen.... the Boat Ran 144 MPH in a 1,000 foot or something like that... But Man it is trying to change the complete configuration of the Impeller and put a force great enough to actually provide a complete description of what it wants the exit ports to be...

I have had several engineers over and showed them the Impeller from very respectable Pump Company's.... All ask me the alloy, then say Holy Shit...
I say I know but look at what its trying to be.... WOW is what I get.... This is a 3 AAA Impeller so rear thrust is expected based on Rs turned...

Some very interesting things are coming out of this..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.