Performance Boats Forum banner

Aggressor Jet pumps?? School me please

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  johnray069 
#1 ·
So what the deal with aggressor jet pumps?
Are they still in busness?
Are they better or worse then a AT-Dominator or Berkely?

Parts interchangeable with AT-Dom and Berk?

What the story around these pumps from the guys who really know?

Guru pump guys please chime in i would like to know the story behind them.

BTW i did a search for them and wasnt much there, besides these forums are dead and need some new life and knowledge.

Thanks

Trevor.

#2 ·
spoke with dave jones just last week, had heard rumors but got it straight from him that due to the economic down turn he had closed operations in jan. always enjoyed working with him and bought a lot of pumps and parts from him in the day. made a lot of parts for aggressor, as to which is better you will probably get each ones opinion. i personally had good service and few problems from the aggressor thought it was a great pump, think all of the mfg are good pumps. a lot of the pieces will interchange with each brand and model. generally the shafts wear rings bearings etc will interchange with each other. ive often said interchangeability does not mean drop in replacement.always check the measurement. loved his bronze impellors but they are gone except for some of us that have them in inventory. dont know if i fall in the guru catagory but have paid my dues over time. seen every brand broke at some point. have seen few problems in general and always kid our out drive customers that the jet is the most durable drive system known to man. have seem then take a trememdous amount of abuse. could write volumns on here but will leave some of the others plenty of room to chime in, hope this helps. j

#3 ·
spoke with dave jones just last week, had heard rumors but got it straight from him that due to the economic down turn he had closed operations in jan. always enjoyed working with him and bought a lot of pumps and parts from him in the day. made a lot of parts for aggressor, as to which is better you will probably get each ones opinion. i personally had good service and few problems from the aggressor thought it was a great pump, think all of the mfg are good pumps. a lot of the pieces will interchange with each brand and model. generally the shafts wear rings bearings etc will interchange with each other. ive often said interchangeability does not mean drop in replacement.always check the measurement. loved his bronze impellors but they are gone except for some of us that have them in inventory. dont know if i fall in the guru catagory but have paid my dues over time. seen every brand broke at some point. have seen few problems in general and always kid our out drive customers that the jet is the most durable drive system known to man. have seem then take a trememdous amount of abuse. could write volumns on here but will leave some of the others plenty of room to chime in, hope this helps. j
Great start John thanks.

#6 ·
That is terrible news! We used them quite a bit back in the day. I really, really hope that things turn around enough soon to encourage them to re-open. This economy just makes me sick when I think of how many businesses that had been around for so long and made very good products shut their doors. They will be missed. JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.