Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any pics of the races from back then. My old man and I just bought a 18 cp gullwing that "peewee",mike also knowen as frenche put everyone on the trailer that weekend. I heard that there was some pic on the net some where but cant find any anywhere. The boat was a 78 or 79 rainbow colors.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Put everyone on the trailer:)Unsure I think you have been mis informed. We were all there that year and the only person to trailer everyone was Costintino in his flat. There was a red and white gullwing that gave him a pretty good run but thats all I remember.:D

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Put everyone on the trailer:)Unsure I think you have been mis informed. We were all there that year and the only person to trailer everyone was Costintino in his flat. There was a red and white gullwing that gave him a pretty good run but thats all I remember.:D
:)devil :)hand

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That guy crashed and did not even no it. LOL

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Does any one have any pics of the races from back then. My old man and I just bought a 18 cp gullwing that "peewee",mike also knowen as frenche put everyone on the trailer that weekend. I heard that there was some pic on the net some where but cant find any anywhere. The boat was a 78 or 79 rainbow colors.

No offence but you got a sales pitch.

He had his ass handed to him by Blunder off the bottle.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I'll post some pic when we get the boat. 2 to 3 weeks I'm not trying to sell the boat. I just really wanted to find some pic on the net to save on my pc. The boat had a 15-1 496 bbc in it and I was told it did like 120+. Now before any one freeks out I cant say that all of this is facts. Just what my old man told me. I'm just looking for some pic of the boat or if any one knew anything about it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No, I'll post some pic when we get the boat. 2 to 3 weeks I'm not trying to sell the boat. I just really wanted to find some pic on the net to save on my pc. The boat had a 15-1 496 bbc in it and I was told it did like 120+. Now before any one freeks out I cant say that all of this is facts. Just what my old man told me. I'm just looking for some pic of the boat or if any one knew anything about it.
look up Vdrive Video I think thats his name he has the whole thing on video and you can buy a copy and view how it did yourself. It ran hard

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boat belonged to my dads friend Mike LaBlanc. We all called him "peewee" Any way what can you guys tell me??.

·
Banned
540 Posts
The boat had a 15-1 496 bbc in it and I was told it did like 120+..
I didn't see it, but I'd like to. Must be a real HOT ROD! :D

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
The boat belonged to my dads friend Mike LaBlanc. We all called him "peewee" Any way what can you guys tell me??.
peewee ??? i thought that was jp's boat from jp marine in lakeside ??????

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Peewee i believe is joe podwoskis son in law they also call him curly he bought the boat from bill a while back then him and joe put a motor in it and a pump.that boat i believe is the very first California Performance its very light.Im pretty sure its a 78 not that the models have changed any. as far as any pics that might be hard to come by

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep you guys are right on. Joe is Mikes father inlaw. We bought the boat from Joe. Yet it will not be a crasy as it was then. Joe is building a mild 454-468 for us. We are just hopeing for a good 90MPH boat. I was also told that it was like a 350lb lay up. When I get back from Vagas I will try to post some pic of it. The boat is like brand new looking. It sould be a really fun toy for this summer. My lod man said that he will have to teach me how to run the boat. I'm not much of a jet boat guy, I like the bigger ones a little better. So I don't have much seat time in one. But that will soon change. It might start to get addicting. If any one has or finds some think please let me know

Thanks Brayden Pauletto

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Turkeymelt, he didnt buy the all yellow "strictly biz" boat we saw at WF, he bought the multi colored deal from the aha labor day event with the yellow JP scoop. He was out racing blunder, Harlan was not driving that day. There should be pics of it in the "jetboat pics" thread.

CS

·
Registered
911 Posts
Kinda how I remember it too.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Turkeymelt, he didnt buy the all yellow "strictly biz" boat we saw at WF, he bought the multi colored deal from the aha labor day event with the yellow JP scoop. He was out racing blunder, Harlan was not driving that day. There should be pics of it in the "jetboat pics" thread.

CS
Yes chris totaliy agreeable he bought the the rainbow colored one.the yellow one is not the cp i was talking about.but i do believe that the boat we are referring to is the orignal CP.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Peewee i believe is joe podwoskis son in law they also call him curly he bought the boat from bill a while back then him and joe put a motor in it and a pump.that boat i believe is the very first California Performance its very light.Im pretty sure its a 78 not that the models have changed any. as far as any pics that might be hard to come by
Peewee and Curly are two different guys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts