Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patent 7,380,515 has been issued. You may view it by going to United States Patent and entering the number. Thanks to all you guys running it. Time for another beer, see you in Burly, Clyde. :)hand

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
PS 110 uses Hydraulic Power Steering and Power Cav plate driven off the V-Drive. The second shot is the oil cooler for enduro races and the resevoir.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
This is a rigging shot without the springs and airlines attached...once you've driven a circle boat with one of these systems in it...it's tough to go back!!...and Clyde is great to work with!:D...congrats Clyde!!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was filed on 9-14-06. Almost a year before, Clyde Morgan's K-13 ran the (2nd) one made with Dave Bryant driving at San Diego-they won. The reason for the posting is legal notice to inform anyone of this patent, not to be bragging. This system was the idea of a few people, Phil, Brian Bergeron and Dave Byrant. It as developed on a safety standpoint because of a crash with the SS-91 in Colorado. This crash happened to Dave, fresh, on the first turn because it was tight, he hit some very rough water and his foot slip off the down pedal. His leg was caught between the up and down pedal as he was coming out. I remember when the safety crew brought Dave to the ramp, as we were loading him he asked how his leg was? I was holding the strecher at his left leg and the skin was gone between his knee and ankle, but I could not see a broken bone. I kept quite as we loaded him for the trip to the hospital. Phil and I decide we needed to work more on something.

With this new system much less pressure is applied to the ball of your foot reducing this risk. An another benifit was less leg fatigue through the straights and cornering to the finish. An added benifit was we found that you could hold the plates, especially with a K-boat, off the corners to allow the boat to take a set.

Phil, Brain, Dave and me agree that all new boat racers need to learn before racing up front (run at the back of the pack). This system was not manufactured to allow these rookies to run up front.

For other drivers with experience, it you like driving the bus, are one of the "REAL MEN" and don't need one, have at it, you can always spent your money on a new $30-60,000.00 motor to try to win, but you still must drive and finish, good luck with your investment and body. I don't mean to be harsh, but many times I have (accidentially?) overheard the "REAL MEN" talking.

A lot of hard work and energy was used to develope this safe system. My thanks to all the people of the 56+ air assist systems we have built, Dave Rankin, his crew, Gordy,Tony Scarlotta, Jeff Wotten, Dave Sammons, Fritsy, John Guthrie, Chris Kenner, Dan, Clyde Morgan, Bobby, Darner, everyone. You can call Brian or Phil Bergeron at 480-834-1531, they are the manufactures, have information and pictures.

Steve with the K-6, call me Clyde Church, my cell phone number is 602-999-8116. Anyone else with questions are welcome to call me. By the way PS-110, hydraulics need a hydraulic pump that uses horespower (you can not get free power, we use an air supply tank), more added weight by needing the pump of some sort, accumilator (if used), large supply lines and oil, a oil cooling system?, valving, a larger (and again) heavier hydraulic cylinder that will never activate fast enough because it has to transfer the hydraulic oil. Good luck (again?) spending your time and money. Sincerely, Clyde.

·
Satisfied Member
1,653 Posts
Clyde,

I just wanted to give my .02 on this system. I am a new driver and my first race was at the World Finals in 07'. I did not have an air assist in the boat at the time and let me tell you, I had to literally coast to the finish line after 4 laps of trying to hold the boat down out of all the corners. Each heat, I knew that as soon as I started driving, the clock was ticking on how long my leg was going to last. I bought one of your systems over the winter and used it at Bakersfield and Parker. The way I see things now, is that all I have to do is concentrate on DRIVING my boat. I don't give the down pedal issue a second thought. If your leg is tired and you are in the heat of battle, you are going to do something stupid. Congratulations on your patent. You truely have a product to be proud of.

Steve Sequeira

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
It was filed on 9-14-06. Almost a year before, Clyde Morgan's K-13 ran the (2nd) one made with Dave Bryant driving at San Diego-they won. The reason for the posting is legal notice to inform anyone of this patent, not to be bragging. This system was the idea of a few people, Phil, Brian Bergeron and Dave Byrant. It as developed on a safety standpoint because of a crash with the SS-91 in Colorado. This crash happened to Dave, fresh, on the first turn because it was tight, he hit some very rough water and his foot slip off the down pedal. His leg was caught between the up and down pedal as he was coming out. I remember when the safety crew brought Dave to the ramp, as we were loading him he asked how his leg was? I was holding the strecher at his left leg and the skin was gone between his knee and ankle, but I could not see a broken bone. I kept quite as we loaded him for the trip to the hospital. Phil and I decide we needed to work more on something.

With this new system much less pressure is applied to the ball of your foot reducing this risk. An another benifit was less leg fatigue through the straights and cornering to the finish. An added benifit was we found that you could hold the plates, especially with a K-boat, off the corners to allow the boat to take a set.

Phil, Brain, Dave and me agree that all new boat racers need to learn before racing up front (run at the back of the pack). This system was not manufactured to allow these rookies to run up front.

For other drivers with experience, it you like driving the bus, are one of the "REAL MEN" and don't need one, have at it, you can always spent your money on a new $30-60,000.00 motor to try to win, but you still must drive and finish, good luck with your investment and body. I don't mean to be harsh, but many times I have (accidentially?) overheard the "REAL MEN" talking.

A lot of hard work and energy was used to develope this safe system. My thanks to all the people of the 56+ air assist systems we have built, Dave Rankin, his crew, Gordy,Tony Scarlotta, Jeff Wotten, Dave Sammons, Fritsy, John Guthrie, Chris Kenner, Dan, Clyde Morgan, Bobby, Darner, everyone. You can call Brian or Phil Bergeron at 480-834-1531, they are the manufactures, have information and pictures.

Steve with the K-6, call me Clyde Church, my cell phone number is 602-999-8116. Anyone else with questions are welcome to call me. By the way PS-110, hydraulics need a hydraulic pump that uses horespower (you can not get free power, we use an air supply tank), more added weight by needing the pump of some sort, accumilator (if used), large supply lines and oil, a oil cooling system?, valving, a larger (and again) heavier hydraulic cylinder that will never activate fast enough because it has to transfer the hydraulic oil. Good luck (again?) spending your time and money. Sincerely, Clyde.
Clyde,

My left leg thanks you!!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts