Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My compressor stopped working. It appears to be on 480 and the fuses all are passing juice according to my voltmeter. It just doesn't come on. I'm suspecting the pressure switch or something. It has not been making any abnormal noises or anything unusual as far as the motor. Just quit.

Anyone in the San Dimas area that could come by and take a look. Would rather give the service business to a forum member before I hit the yellow pages.

Thanks

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
My money is on the pressure switch ol Rexie.

I wish I could come by and help you out.

Get in there and get your hands dirty....don't be scared.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My money is on the pressure switch ol Rexie.

I wish I could come by and help you out.

Get in there and get your hands dirty....don't be scared.

I've learned the hard way sometimes its just better to call someone who knows what's up rather than reinvent the wheel for half a day myself. :p

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
try LAN'S ELECTRIC in Glendora or call my friend Richard at 951-205-5179 he is an AC guy but does sidework and he has fixed my compressor quite a few times. Tell him Dan Zachary sent you.

·
AKA Janda
261 Posts
Rex
Check the oil level. Some compressors have oil level switches and if the oil is low it will prevent it from working.
Good luck!

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try LAN'S ELECTRIC in Glendora or call my friend Richard at 951-205-5179 he is an AC guy but does sidework and he has fixed my compressor quite a few times. Tell him Dan Zachary sent you.
Rex
Check the oil level. Some compressors have oil level switches and if the oil is low it will prevent it from working.
Good luck!
LAN's is the name I was trying to think of earlier. I've used them before and they were very good. Thank you for the addl lead as well.

I will check to see if there is an oil level switch on it too. I haven't seen any oil leaking though.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Rex
Good luck!
If that is all it is, give that man a ceegar. :)hand

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Lan's is good but if you can't get them call Richard. He is a good maintenance guy, honest and fair. He can do your AC work and alot of other items.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You may want to check and see if the overload safety on the magnetic starter has tripped. If you lost power or something when the compressor was running and the compressor tried starting back up under a load it will usually trip this safety.
You might not have that type of motor starter (contactor)on your compressor but most the larger 480 volt air compressors do.

How come I can't post a picture? I just get one of those pop up blocker sounds when I click the insert image icon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts