Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offers. The parts were sold already. WHEN parts are sold, the ad should be taken off craigslist.
Wags

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Thanks for the offers. The parts were sold already. WHEN parts are sold, the ad should be taken off craigslist.
Wags
that sucks. 6 weeks ago, wife made a deal to buy an old car. she left to get the cash, got back and the lowlife had sold it out from under her. not happy. but.. a week later, she found something better, even further under book, so now she's happier than she woulda been with the first thing... stuff works out...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was it you were hoping to buy. A legal rope deflector?
"Legal rope deflector" WTF... you guys are killing me. Fu the rope deflectors. I'm hoping to get one built to spec before the year is over. Only so many hours in a week.
I was looking for some Alcoa wheels for my dually. Hotshots.
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ROFL
That does look like Ed's. I think Ed's has a few more braces, though. HAHA
I'm investigating aero tubing to minimize aerodynamic losses.
I figure.. knowing me... I can tie up over 300 bucks and about 20 hours building one. (or more)
Wags

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
ROFL
That does look like Ed's. I think Ed's has a few more braces, though. HAHA
I'm investigating aero tubing to minimize aerodynamic losses.
I figure.. knowing me... I can tie up over 300 bucks and about 20 hours building one. (or more)
Wags
Just give me the word Wags and I will swing by Aircraft Spruce and grab some up for you. I am thinking with a little ingenuity, and some planing, you could make a "LEGAL" rope deflector and a wing in the same component. Maybe even sell a few :D
SHINEY AND AERO:)devil:)devil

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just give me the word Wags and I will swing by Aircraft Spruce and grab some up for you. I am thinking with a little ingenuity, and some planing, you could make a "LEGAL" rope deflector and a wing in the same component. Maybe even sell a few :D
SHINEY AND AERO:)devil:)devil
Wow, awesome. You can ship it to me. I will put a big ass GN7 sticker on. Thanks for the sponsorship.
I'd like something about 3/8 wide by whatever length. I need about 8'
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whoa pal, @ 99.00 for 6ft, your on your own. I was just throwing out ideas. Still cheaper than a seperate "LEGAL" deflector and a wing.:)devil

And its FAA certified if you should happen to take flight!
Hell, I said a BIG GN7 sticker. Both sides??
OK, is the alum aero tubing true aero, or just an oval. My local steel place has aero chromoly. A little hard to polish and keep clean. Painting sucks.
The oval stuff they had was thick wall too. Probably .08 ish.
Wags

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Hell, I said a BIG GN7 sticker. Both sides??
OK, is the alum aero tubing true aero, or just an oval. My local steel place has aero chromoly. A little hard to polish and keep clean. Painting sucks.
The oval stuff they had was thick wall too. Probably .08 ish.
Wags
paint? polish? just fab the whole thing up and get it chromed. i'd expect nothing less from you. i wanna see the very first $1000 rope deflector in history.

'course, it's gonna suck when ed says it ain't legal:D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
paint? polish? just fab the whole thing up and get it chromed. i'd expect nothing less from you. i wanna see the very first $1000 rope deflector in history.

'course, it's gonna suck when ed says it ain't legal:D
You're right BP. What was I thinking. Chrome. Of course.
And to think I was just contemplating paint. I'm a fool!
Let's see. 200 to 300 for tube. Time is free of course. Another 200 to 400 for chrome. Sounds about right.
Wags

1 - 18 of 18 Posts