1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Stirrin' it up!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That sucks! A few guys get crazy when drunk and ruin it for everyine else that enjoys a couple cold ones during their day. Damn!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Glad Im done with that lake. I'll be on Casitas in about 2 weeks!
Perfect water conditions all day long for testing, tuning, floating, enjoying a nice cigar and a cold barley-pop!

·
Let's hit the water!
33 Posts
That's a drag. I'm not one to go and get smashed and run my boat down the lake, but I do enjoy a cold one here and there. So I guess I just put that into the budget, right? A half-dozen beers will cost me $450? Hmmm, on second thought, I think I'll go back to soda.

Seems like boats and beer go together, no?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
So are you saying if there is a full (non opened) beer in your cooler they ticket you??? Do you know of anyone this has happened to?
Yes and yes, but I'm not sure of the amount per can. About 5 years ago I had a buddy who broke down and when he got towed to the ramp the lifeguards helped him tie up, saw an empty can and went through his boat. His fine was several hundred dollars and he has never been back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes and yes, but I'm not sure of the amount per can. About 5 years ago I had a buddy who broke down and when he got towed to the ramp the lifeguards helped him tie up, saw an empty can and went through his boat. His fine was several hundred dollars and he has never been back.
I get the open can part, But it seems strange they can fine you for something that isn't open. Seems F'd up actually, Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I don't understand why you can't drink in your local bath tub!?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Glad Im done with that lake. I'll be on Casitas in about 2 weeks!
Perfect water conditions all day long for testing, tuning, floating, enjoying a nice cigar and a cold barley-pop!
Nate,
I've really been wanting to check Casitas out, how are they on out of town boats? Give me a heads up and I'll tow over there
Skip

·
Let's hit the water!
33 Posts
If you're going to check out Casitas, make sure you make an appointment to have your boat screened for Quagga and Zebra mussels... they require an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. They turned us down last weekend.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nate,
I've really been wanting to check Casitas out, how are they on out of town boats? Give me a heads up and I'll tow over there
Skip
Skip,
Yea like hawaiian21 said you have to make sure your boat is all dried out. They will do the inspection then put a cable and tamper proof lock on it and then you have to wait 10 days before your allowed to boat on the lake.
For me its worth it. Its 4 miles from my door step to the lake.
Hopefully they lift that inspection soon and everyone can enjoy the lake again.

·
Registered
615 Posts
yes it has happened to me and yes it was for every can on board. luckily I scheduled my court date w/ a judge I new real well, he laughed and said to pay the girls outside $10.00 and dont get caught next time...Kinda the same senario with a speeding ticket I got at Castaic for 80 mph in a 55 max mph jet boat apparently he clocked the roost...

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
yes it has happened to me and yes it was for every can on board. luckily I scheduled my court date w/ a judge I new real well, he laughed and said to pay the girls outside $10.00 and dont get caught next time...Kinda the same senario with a speeding ticket I got at Castaic for 80 mph in a 55 max mph jet boat apparently he clocked the roost...
80 in a 55 max must have been a long time ago:D.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts