Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was somebody on here that made a injection system out of a 1 way check valve so that when his blower made boost, the system automatically sprayed his carbs. I'm getting ready to make a simular system, by using 3/16 line, a 1 way valve, windshield washer nozzles from a car and use windshield washer solvent to spray my carbs. My blower puts out about 10 to 12 lbs. boost at wot, that should be enough to make it spray and will windshield washer solvent work ??????

· Registered
72 Posts
I have a system that sprays into the stream after the boost (i.e. downstream of the turbos). It uses 300 cc/minute nozzles and a 100 psi pump. Injecting the water after the boost provides significantly better cooling than injecting into the carbs because of the larger temp difference between the water and the air (larger delta T = more heat transfer). My entire setup costs ~ $300.

· Highaboosta
3,374 Posts
I ran a water injection system for years back when I raced at the sand drags. 28# of turbo boost with no intercooler.

It was just a windshield washer reservoir and pump right out of a car that was triggered by a cheap hobbs switch in the intake.
It sprayed right into the carb and worked good. (Draw through system)
I put a jet in the line to restrict the flow.

When the boost hit it was like two more engines came on line.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
There was somebody on here that made a injection system out of a 1 way check valve so that when his blower made boost, the system automatically sprayed his carbs. I'm getting ready to make a simular system, by using 3/16 line, a 1 way valve, windshield washer nozzles from a car and use windshield washer solvent to spray my carbs. My blower puts out about 10 to 12 lbs. boost at wot, that should be enough to make it spray and will windshield washer solvent work ??????
I am the one that was talking about the one way check valve system.I really only got to use it once, I totalled the boat on the second pass after using the alky. It worked great as it has ion the past. I was running 12 lbs, and that is plenty to pressurize the system, even 5lbs will do it, it will just take a little longer to get there. I used -4 s/s hardline, drilled .050 holes, then soft soldered them clossed, and drilled w/a hand drill a .025 hole over each carb. Another thing to consider is the lower the tank gets, the longer it will take to pressurize and feed.It is also a good idea to have the tank close to the carbs. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I just saw this post. please post any more questions.If you look at my avatar, its the vertical tank next to the mag.Windshield washer fluid will work if it has alky in it..Good luck, Steve

· Registered
2 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.